Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Law of One is:
This the Truth! 0 0%
Eh, it's possible...not that sure (a possibility) 0 0%
Bunch of nonsense, bs! 6 100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:04 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,370 times

Advertisements

The Law of One (Ra Material)

This site is probably one of the most informative sites, even for skeptics . It confirms most of what I thought, think, and believe(d). It even mentions religious figures (Jesus, Muhammed etc.) as well as historical figures(Abe Lincoln, Adolf Hitler etc.)

I'm not here to convince, just to show

Dialogue/Feedback wanted

Advice: Start from the beginning if you want to catch a full understanding, use the search if needed (very helpful)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 09:49 AM

No one???

Old 12-28-2010, 08:07 PM

66 posts, read 67,127 times
Hmm, interesting. I think it is overall confusing and unnecessary.

Take these paragraphs from a question and answer session into your consideration for a moment:

Quote:
Questioner: We have here, I believe, a very important principle with respect to the Law of One. You have stated that the attitude of the individual is of paramount importance for the Orion entity to be able to be effective. Would you please explain how this mechanism works with respect to the Law of One and why the attitude of the entity is of paramount importance and why this allows for action by the Orion entity?

Ra: I am Ra. The Law of Confusion or Free Will is utterly paramount in the workings of the infinite creation. That which is intended has as much intensity of attraction to the polar opposite as the intensity of the intention or desire.

Thus those whose desires are shallow or transitory experience only ephemeral configurations of what might be called the magical circumstance. There is a turning point, a fulcrum which swings as a mind/body/spirit complex tunes its will to service. If this will and desire is for service-to-others the corresponding polarity will be activated. In the circumstance of this group there are three such wills acting as one with the instrument in the, shall we say, central position of fidelity to service. This is as it must be for the balance of the working and the continuance of the contact. Our vibratory complex is one-pointed in these workings also and our will to serve is also of some degree of purity. This has created the attraction of the polar opposite which you experience.

We may note that such a configuration of free will, one-pointed in service-to-others, also has the potential for the alerting of a great mass of light strength. This positive light strength, however, operates also under free will and must be invoked. We could not speak to this and shall not guide you, for the nature of this contact is such that the purity of your free will must, above all things, be preserved. Thus you wend your way through experiences discovering those biases which may be helpful.
First of all there is a lot of confusing jargon mixed within the dialogue in a way that is difficult for an average person to make sense of reasonably. Also, there are a few wordings that could be misinterpreted very easily. Wordings such as 'free will', 'infinite creation', and 'I am Ra' are seemingly contradictions (free will) (infinite creation) and confusing paradigms (I am Ra).

In order to help better demonstrate my point allow me to focus on one of these statements.

"Thus those whose desires are shallow or transitory experience only ephemeral configurations of what might be called the magical circumstance."

In other words people whose desires are shallow will only see things in a shallow way. Ephemeral configurations means short-lived arrangements of things. Magical circumstance is unecessary jargon.

Quote:
We would at this time transfer to an instrument known as Don. I am Ra.
It also seems as though they are contradicting themselves. If everyone and everything is the same then Ra shouldn't have to 'transfer' becaue Ra is everywhere.

While this is happening there are some good parts such as this:

Quote:
I am Ra. In the less sensitized individual the choosing of personally inspirational images is appropriate whether this inspiration be the rose which is of perfect beauty, the cross which is of perfect sacrifice, the Buddha which is the All-being in One, or whatever else may inspire the individual.
A person who is 'less sensitized' or in other words someone who doesn't know what the truth is should go to people who do appear to know the truth, and then this person who doesn't know the truth should learn from them (those who know the truth) (Sorry about the antecedent confusion there).

I personally would not recommend using this as a source for learning simply because of the immensity of jargon, the intense mystical feel I get while I read any of these people's output, and the confusion one can get from the apparent contradiction within their own dialogues.

Regards

Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kaufman View Post
Hmm, interesting. I think it is overall confusing and unnecessary.

Take these paragraphs from a question and answer session into your consideration for a moment:

First of all there is a lot of confusing jargon mixed within the dialogue in a way that is difficult for an average person to make sense of reasonably. Also, there are a few wordings that could be misinterpreted very easily. Wordings such as 'free will', 'infinite creation', and 'I am Ra' are seemingly contradictions (free will) (infinite creation) and confusing paradigms (I am Ra).

In order to help better demonstrate my point allow me to focus on one of these statements.

"Thus those whose desires are shallow or transitory experience only ephemeral configurations of what might be called the magical circumstance."

In other words people whose desires are shallow will only see things in a shallow way. Ephemeral configurations means short-lived arrangements of things. Magical circumstance is unecessary jargon.

It also seems as though they are contradicting themselves. If everyone and everything is the same then Ra shouldn't have to 'transfer' becaue Ra is everywhere.

While this is happening there are some good parts such as this:

A person who is 'less sensitized' or in other words someone who doesn't know what the truth is should go to people who do appear to know the truth, and then this person who doesn't know the truth should learn from them (those who know the truth) (Sorry about the antecedent confusion there).

I personally would not recommend using this as a source for learning simply because of the immensity of jargon, the intense mystical feel I get while I read any of these people's output, and the confusion one can get from the apparent contradiction within their own dialogues.

Regards
Quote:
First of all there is a lot of confusing jargon mixed within the dialogue in a way that is difficult for an average person to make sense of reasonably.
You definitely won't come to understand on first glance/read it's something like trying to read Creole or Jamaican patios except in standard english.

Quote:
I see what you're saying but Ra (which I come to understand is more like a board or group of souls speaking rather than one soul/entity)

Ra doesn't claim to be omnipresent but a part of something that is and therefore can make a connection to it, it says that it is connected to everything and so is every other person/entity in the cosmos. Like a buddhist version of pantheism or animism.

Let's say for instance I channel my thoughts or whatever to a '2nd density' I tell them "I am Earth" I say that because I don't consider myself an indivual but rather everything, not in the egotistical matter but a unified, universal one.

There was a certain section that discussed aspects of Ra history and all that. I feel this is an interesting read involving all that's going on in the world today.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
What is the point of a message if it is not communicated with clarity?

There are too many channels out there who speak in riddles as a way to 'disguise' what they are saying and to allow many interpretations of their 'truths' to be made.

Maybe the concept behind the message is honourable, but unless it is given in a way that can be understood by the people at whom it is directed, then it is useless and a waste of time trying to decypher it.

Like the Bible, of which there are many many interpretations by wise ones. This means that just about anything can be read into the information by concentrating on certain passages or taking the idea as a whole.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:02 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
The impression I got was a lot of secondhand theism dressed up in science jargon and not even as convincingly as Mystic's speculations.

The answers to the questions did not appear to answer anything adequately and seemed to rely on analogy supposedly being the evidence.

I think I have to vote for nonsense.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:40 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
I started reading during halftime. The ball game was more interesting.

As I always believed, one persons newly discovered "truth" that makes them devotees of that particular truth is everyone else's big yawn.

My opinion of this particular "truth?"

Yawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality