Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:45 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,964,011 times

Advertisements

Every so often I bemoan the poor design of human beings and wonder why a god would do such shoddy design work. I am speaking mainly of bodily functions, i.e., elimination and also female menstrual periods. Can you even imagine the nightmare these problems presented to the human race before indoor toilets and the invention of paper products? This is just mind-boggling to me and I cannot understand how a creator glossed over these design problems.

How were the incontinence needs of infants and old people accommodated in ancient times? It is a problem today (old people, specifically) but what about in ancient times? Of course these horrible, nasty tasks have always fallen to women.

Ugh. What a horrible design. I think there should be a massive recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 04:57 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,605,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Every so often I bemoan the poor design of human beings and wonder why a god would do such shoddy design work. I am speaking mainly of bodily functions, i.e., elimination and also female menstrual periods. Can you even imagine the nightmare these problems presented to the human race before indoor toilets and the invention of paper products? This is just mind-boggling to me and I cannot understand how a creator glossed over these design problems.

How were the incontinence needs of infants and old people accommodated in ancient times? It is a problem today (old people, specifically) but what about in ancient times? Of course these horrible, nasty tasks have always fallen to women.

Don't fret my friend...God works in mysterious ways so to speak...like, women being the punching bag of men!

Jokes aside...we shall see sooner or later the why of it all...won't we?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:59 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,154,931 times
Quote:

You think about poo entirely to much!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,711,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Jokes aside...we shall see sooner or later the why of it all...won't we?
No we won't. There is no all-encompassing 'why'.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:11 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,605,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No we won't. There is no all-encompassing 'why'.
According to those who do not believe in the spiritual. Now the other side of the spectrum believe otherwise, yet both are adamant in their own premise...but in no way can each prove beyond the shadow of doubt, the hard evidence of being right...Hence the saying...to each his own...

At death's door, one "may" see the light at the end of the tunnel, while the other...just darkness and succumb to nothingness. (this is what I mean by knowing sooner or later.)

btw - I'm a free thinker who believes in "The Designer" of whose true attributes, the fallible mindset of men could not begin comprehend!

Peace!

Last edited by ans57; 11-15-2010 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 PM

What COULD a possible explanation be for the shoddy design of humans? And I am thinking of what people had to endure without running water or paper products . . . I can't think of why you would even want to live, under those circumstances.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,226,564 times
Many humans are born with serious defects. Those who do not catch a variety of diseases.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:38 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,807,879 times
Quote:
Unless you've missed the whole point of life, we will all be recalled, sooner or later.

Some to everlasting life, some to eternal torment.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:57 PM

33,631 posts, read 37,285,529 times
Nobody designed us...Most of what you call design flaws originate from our past when we walked on all fours...Our back and placement of our organs are meant for the four legged creature our ancestors once were.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Nobody designed us...Most of what you call design flaws originate from our past when we walked on all fours...Our back and placement of our organs are meant for the four legged creature our ancestors once were.
That doesn't account for the sheer messiness of it all. I don't think other female animals bleed for up to seven days every month for years.

The whole thing is just not hygenic or attractive and I don't know why the species has continued on.

As to the "Hell Fire and Damnation" comment. Posh. That's just silly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality