Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you use a Broker who offers Same Service for Less than 6% Fee?
Yes - Save me the Money! 40 93.02%
No - This needs to be hands on Industry, 6% seems fair! 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 AM

536 posts, read 1,694,342 times

Advertisements

If you caught this on 60 Minutes about Real Estate: Then tell us if you think this is good or bad for the industry?

Video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...annel=60Sunday

Article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2790865.shtml
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 05:39 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,381,379 times
Was that on last night? I meant to watch it and I missed it!

Old 05-14-2007, 05:59 AM

Default yes

Yes it was. Click on the link, the video is the same thing they showed on TV

Old 05-14-2007, 07:10 AM

297 posts, read 1,141,849 times
Watch out Keith you will have MIKER moving this page to another area. I would love to see internet realty business take off. I see little point in have a Realtor. As much as they try to sell you that a realtor is needed. All the ones I have ever dealt with drove my wife and I to the houses and sat in the house/car on the cell phone. We always had to double check every thing from comps, inspections, to neighborhoods. Most do not know the areas very well and all are looking for the next sell the only thing standing in the way is you.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,838,500 times
I wonder how useful it would be though when relocating? I could see doing this if your moving and staying in the area.

Thoughts?

Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 AM

Exclamation Duke

Yea, I would see there point if they did move it, I am so used to being on Charlotte forum, just seemed natural to be here. But I quess it should be elsewhere.

I just found the episode so interesting, back in NY, I only paid 4% because the competion was so tough, to sell my home. So when I came down here and saw 6% I was like "what the" Although from what I hear NY is back up around 5 or 6% again. (tough market and all that!)

Old 05-14-2007, 07:50 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,151,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE1989 View Post
Watch out Keith you will have MIKER moving this page to another area. I would love to see internet realty business take off. I see little point in have a Realtor. As much as they try to sell you that a realtor is needed. All the ones I have ever dealt with drove my wife and I to the houses and sat in the house/car on the cell phone. We always had to double check every thing from comps, inspections, to neighborhoods. Most do not know the areas very well and all are looking for the next sell the only thing standing in the way is you.

If you don't need a Realtor don't use one. There's nothing worse than working for a client that's constantly interferring with the process because they THINK they know better. If you've got the time, the patience, the negotation skills, the professional contacts, and the legal knowledge and all the professional forms and documentation, go for it.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:55 AM

Default CharlotteAgent

Hi CharlotteAgent,

How did you get that little house next to your name, did you do that or city-data?

Old 05-14-2007, 07:59 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,838,500 times
You can either pay me $1000 to do it or go here....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/about...usergroup.html

Old 05-14-2007, 08:09 AM

297 posts, read 1,141,849 times
It will be funny to see the responses to this thread and the 60 minutes story when you talk to others in public. See if any of these points come up as the are a few of the talking points from the NAR released to counter the 60 minutes story. The link below contains the memo from the NAR concerning the 60 minutes story. This is just one of many OPERATION TIP OFF MEMO's. So who really has your back on a house purchase or sale? No one!!!!!!!

"OPERATION TIP-OFF PUBLICITY ALERT
60 Minutes This Sunday

May 8, 2007-The long-awaited 60 Minutes segment on real estate will air on CBS this Sunday at 7 PM Eastern and Pacific Times. After dealing with the 60 Minutes investigative reporters for more than a year, here is what we expect.

The segment by Leslie Stahl will focus on the impact of the internet on the brokerage business and focus on the emergence of "Internet" business models and contrast them with "traditional't full-service model. The show will include a lengthy interview with Glenn Kelman, CEO ofRed/in, the Seattle-based company that claims to be "the industry's first online brokerage for residential real estate."

... Bottom line is that we don't expect that the segment will make Realtors'" happy but it could have been much,much worse. Be glad that it's Mother's Day and the show will probably draw fewer than its average 14 million viewers.

How to Respond to 60 Minutes

Moderator cut: Removed bulk of copyrighted material (post brief excerpt only)

http://www.bloodhoundrealty.com/Bloo...utesTipOff.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate