Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times

Advertisements

Looking good so far for the Packers. Rodgers has played excellent so far. I hope he can keep it up. Defense looks good too.

Only problem is we haven't played anyone tough yet, but who cares when we have 2 W's in our division already. I'm just hoping that since I've moved back to Dallas and have to be around Cowboy fans that we can knock the Cowgirls into the dirt when they come to Lambeau. Nothing outside of another Lombardi trophy could make me happier this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 PM

734 posts, read 2,616,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Well fortunately for us the NFL and everyone else thinks they should matter. No matter what an NFL team is an NFL team and play at a high level regardless of the team
Nope. Not the Lions.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:20 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
Nope. Not the Lions.

Well congrats one being the only one with that point of view

TXboomerang, I think if we play like we did in the first half vs the Lions and the final minutes of the 4th Quarter we will b eat the Cowgirls. I think we got a big lead then got lazy with it. I also think the play calling became to conservative. It is going to be tough but we can win.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Sunday is going to be exciting. The top two NFC teams going head to head.

Time to get some revenge for last season. Hopefully Rodgers can maintain his level of play.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:06 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Sunday is going to be exciting. The top two NFC teams going head to head.
I call BS. Packers can't claim to be top 2 at this stage. lol.
That would require beating a team that has actually won a game so far this season.

NY Giants, Cowboys, Carolina have actually beaten some good teams. There are 3-4 more teams in the NFC that you can certainly throw in the hopper too. That probably puts the Packers around 4-8 in my NFC power rankings....probably 5th is where I'd put them but if they beat Dallas (another home game) then they will move up.

Really, the packers are one of the best 2 teams after a mere 5 pt. home win against Minnesota and a solid victory over one of the worst teams in the NFL?
The only thing nuttier than that are all the Favre maniacs that GAVE POINTS to New England last week.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:19 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
quinn? was that the mike williams draft? I wouldn't give up johnson. I actually wanted them to draft cutler. why aren't people like you and I GM's? oh, that's right, we obviously watch too much simpsons mister flinstone's chewable morphine. the packers are looking like a good team though. not sure anyone can challenge them for the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
Should have drafted Brady Quinn....

Old 09-15-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I call BS. Packers can't claim to be top 2 at this stage. lol.
That would require beating a team that has actually won a game so far this season.

NY Giants, Cowboys, Carolina have actually beaten some good teams. There are 3-4 more teams in the NFC that you can certainly throw in the hopper too. That probably puts the Packers around 4-8 in my NFC power rankings....probably 5th is where I'd put them but if they beat Dallas (another home game) then they will move up.

Really, the packers are one of the best 2 teams after a mere 5 pt. home win against Minnesota and a solid victory over one of the worst teams in the NFL?
The only thing nuttier than that are all the Favre maniacs that GAVE POINTS to New England last week.
The Giants beat the Redskins and the Rams so I guess that makes them tops, I mean the Rams really are a good team.

The Cowboys beat a team that is 0-2, okay so what.

The Packers beat a team that many said is a Super Bowl favorite in the Vikings. Maybe the Lions arent the best team but they did win by 20+ points. The only reason the Lions came back was because the Packers became conservative in their play calling.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:31 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
hahaha! the only reason the packers won is because john kitna is the 4th quarter interception machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
The Giants beat the Redskins and the Rams so I guess that makes them tops, I mean the Rams really are a good team.

The Cowboys beat a team that is 0-2, okay so what.

The Packers beat a team that many said is a Super Bowl favorite in the Vikings. Maybe the Lions arent the best team but they did win by 20+ points. The only reason the Lions came back was because the Packers became conservative in their play calling.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
hahaha! the only reason the packers won is because john kitna is the 4th quarter interception machine.
HAHAHA, or maybe it was the 3 TD's by Rodgers. Funny how you most likely a Bears fan judging my the thought or lack their of in your posts, always find negative views of the Packers. Guess what we are 2-0 dont care if you want to nit pick because in the end we are still 2-0. Post all the BS you want, but it means NOTHING. I will still root for my team with it's QB who has one of the best QB ratings in the league.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:15 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post

The Packers lead all but a few minutes of the game and won by 23 points scoring 48 total and thats the reason they won.

Yeah, okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football