Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,979,528 times

Advertisements

From The Journal of the American Medical Association.

The basic Romney ryan plan would take all federal money given to the states with guidelines on how it is used and give it to the states free and clear. What will likely happen in southern states like Mississippi is that the states will use it on whatever they want, which will not be medicaid. So what will all of those Walmart employees do for healthcare?

The Romney-Ryan Plan to Obliterate Medicaid | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 10:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,270,302 times
So do we trust government or not? Do we only trust the FED? I myself dont trust any of them. Career politicians are liars by trade.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,251,380 times
I blame the fog of war on this issue.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,241,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
From The Journal of the American Medical Association.

The basic Romney ryan plan would take all federal money given to the states with guidelines on how it is used and give it to the states free and clear. What will likely happen in southern states like Mississippi is that the states will use it on whatever they want, which will not be medicaid. So what will all of those Walmart employees do for healthcare?

The Romney-Ryan Plan to Obliterate Medicaid | Mother Jones
Nice NAZI-style propaganda post.

It's a line graph appropriated from JAMA with Leninist commentary provided Mother Jones.

On what factual basis does MJ make this claim...

"...though it's unlikely we'll ever discover any magic bullets for reining in health care costs on a state level."

...oh, yeah, I forgot, only an highly centralized unitary national government is fit to rule.

"Given the freedom to do it, they'd adopt what Ed Kilgore.... "

Sorry I don't have a shrine set up to Ed Kilgore in my closet.

And as far as Wal-Mart employees, what, you want me to hold their hand and guide them to financial security?

Okay, tell them to cancel the cable/satellite, broadband access, dump the cell-phones and get a land-line, cancel the World of Warcraft and NetFlix subscriptions, unload all of their cars except one, stop wasting money eating out, stop wasting money on X-Box games, and find another family (or two) to share housing with to cut costs so that they can afford health care.

It's not rocket science.

Financially....

Mircea

Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Nice NAZI-style propaganda post.

It's a line graph appropriated from JAMA with Leninist commentary provided Mother Jones.

On what factual basis does MJ make this claim...

"...though it's unlikely we'll ever discover any magic bullets for reining in health care costs on a state level."

...oh, yeah, I forgot, only an highly centralized unitary national government is fit to rule.

"Given the freedom to do it, they'd adopt what Ed Kilgore.... "

Sorry I don't have a shrine set up to Ed Kilgore in my closet.

And as far as Wal-Mart employees, what, you want me to hold their hand and guide them to financial security?

Okay, tell them to cancel the cable/satellite, broadband access, dump the cell-phones and get a land-line, cancel the World of Warcraft and NetFlix subscriptions, unload all of their cars except one, stop wasting money eating out, stop wasting money on X-Box games, and find another family (or two) to share housing with to cut costs so that they can afford health care.

It's not rocket science.

Financially....

Mircea
From the Journal of American Medical Association.

"The 2 candidates' Medicaid plans are quite different. The president will expand the program; Romney would cut it back. The ACA was designed to provide Medicaid to individuals whose incomes are less than 138% of the federal poverty level. If implemented in all states, an additional 16 million people would be covered by the program at a cost to the federal government of $444 billion through 2019. To help bolster clinician participation, reimbursement rates are also being increased. While initially mandatory, this expansion became optional through a Supreme Court ruling in June, and some Republican governors have pledged not to participate.

Romney would eliminate all these changes. Instead, he would institute a block grant program. States would be free to “innovate” to find novel ways to cover poorer constituents within the constraints of the resources afforded by the block grants. Many federal restrictions on Medicaid would be lifted, allowing states to save money, if they wished, by covering fewer people or providing fewer benefits.

Savings from this Medicaid proposal come from severely reduced future spending at the federal level. Romney has expressed support for the spending targets in his running mate Representative Paul Ryan's 2013 federal budget, which held Medicaid growth to that of overall inflation. According to the Congressional Budget Office, by 2022, Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program spending would only be $322 billion, just $4 billion more than was spent in 2009.6 Without some significant and uncertain innovations, this may require millions of persons to be removed from Medicaid rolls, or a significant reduction in benefits."

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article....icleid=1379004

Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,118,840 times
Medicaid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, I guess we already have Romney care? Read the above link. Medicaid is already Federally funded and state run. All the states choose to have a medicaid program and all are run differently. Sounds like as far as medicaid goes Romney wants to keep in place what we already have.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,585,584 times
The 'magic' bullets' needed to reduce the boost in healthcare costs caused by Obamcare are all over the place, but Obama is too much of a delusional central planner fanatic to let the marketplace work, while putting out thousands of pages of new rules for the financial and healthcare industries.

Let's not forget that super-sized 1,994 paged monstrosity called his new CAFE standards, which are totally unnecessary, and bound to be just as ludicrous as the original version, which turned out to be a bonanza for the Japanese automakers.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Medicaid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, I guess we already have Romney care? Read the above link. Medicaid is already Federally funded and state run. All the states choose to have a medicaid program and all are run differently. Sounds like as far as medicaid goes Romney wants to keep in place what we already have.
You should read the post above yours from the Journal of the American medical association.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,081,242 times
Mother Jones?

Find a reliable source and get back to me.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Mother Jones?

Find a reliable source and get back to me.
Is that your response to everything. If you would further in the thread, I cited Journal of American Medical Association, but I doubt anything other than Fox news would be considered reliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies