Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2020, 04:28 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,627,335 times

Advertisements

A 150-pound tortoise that escaped from a Tennessee home has been returned after 74 days, managing to make it about a mile during his slow and steady journey, per the AP. The African sulcata tortoise named Solomon crawled away from his Ashland City enclosure more than two months ago, his owner, Lynn Cole, told WKRN-TV on Friday. Cole says a man and his son spotted Solomon grazing in a valley at a construction site and returned him within minutes.

https://www.newser.com/story/295336/...ry-slowly.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 01:32 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,085,920 times
Interesting.
I have one of those.
We let “Dora” roam free in our big yard during the warm season and have a heated hut for her during the winter.
She comes up and will nudge you when she thinks she needs more food or water.
I put my phone number on her she’ll near her tail.
She is just a friendly old girl and never has growled or even thought of biting anybody.
She a solid big girl maybe 130lbs.
We got her when she was smaller than a tennis ball.
Really Friendly and has been a great pet.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:50 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,085,920 times
This is me and Dora about 4 years ago.
I don’t feel comfortable about posting my face on the internet.
I would kinda like to know how to add a mickymouse face or something like that instead of a paint brush scribble to hide my mug.
Any ideas?

So this is us and she was a lot smaller at that time.
I have not weighed her since she outgrew our scale.
She is quite a bit bigger but I don’t Think she is 150lbs.

All the best.
Andy.
Attached Thumbnails
Beloved Pet Escapes, Very, Very Slowly, Big tortoise found about a mile away after 74 days-3471e6e8-3f60-4dbb-b5bc-93a720991504.jpeg  

Old 09-12-2020, 11:24 AM

1,664 posts, read 1,920,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
A 150-pound tortoise that escaped from a Tennessee home has been returned after 74 days, managing to make it about a mile during his slow and steady journey, per the AP. The African sulcata tortoise named Solomon crawled away from his Ashland City enclosure more than two months ago, his owner, Lynn Cole, told WKRN-TV on Friday. Cole says a man and his son spotted Solomon grazing in a valley at a construction site and returned him within minutes.

https://www.newser.com/story/295336/...ry-slowly.html
I am so glad the Big Guy was found by ethical people and returned to his owner

Now there is a Tiger allegedly on the lam, and nobody knows where it came from.

If that’s true, it was probably being kept illegally by someone and got loose, since nobody is claiming to own it.

Old 11-06-2020, 05:02 PM

30,555 posts, read 16,247,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
This is me and Dora about 4 years ago.
I don’t feel comfortable about posting my face on the internet.
I would kinda like to know how to add a mickymouse face or something like that instead of a paint brush scribble to hide my mug.
Any ideas?

So this is us and she was a lot smaller at that time.
I have not weighed her since she outgrew our scale.
She is quite a bit bigger but I don’t Think she is 150lbs.

All the best.
Andy.

That's so cool. I think it'd be neat to have a pet tortoise but I think the upkeep cost would be a bit much, for me anyway.

Any recent photos of Dora?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets