Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 AM

13 posts, read 55,570 times

Advertisements

Help find what happened to Clinton Nelson, of Spearfish South Dakota

Paraphrased selected items from the "Black Hills Pioneer" - December 20th, 2007 http://tinyurl.com/2pxh5s (broken link)

Over 15 months ago was the last time Carolyn Johnson talked to her son, Clinton Devon Nelson, 21, of Spearfish, SD. Clinton went missing September 1, 2006 in Princeton, La.

"The two theories are that my son either died from foul play or some kind of accident that he has not been found yet," Carolyn said. "To know the only way I can find my son is to depend on other people and their money is a very difficult thing for me. But, I would do anything for my son. I will never stop looking for him."

A fund has been established to help the Johnsons find out what happened to their son. To donate to the fund, please contact any First Western Bank in the Northern Hills and ask for information on the Clinton Nelson Search Fund.
Anyone interested in volunteering to travel to Louisiana and join the search can e-mail the Johnson Family at find-clinton@hotmail.com

Volunteers can also contact "Let's Bring Them Home at 1-877-270-9500. This organization has posted a $75,000 reward for information leading to Clinton's whereabouts and the arrest and conviction of any person(s) responsible.

To view a video created in Clinton's honor on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z8oV8lfuLE[url]

Moderator cut: not permitted

Last edited by autumngal; 12-22-2007 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: sites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Another Media release on Clinton's family's efforts to find answers.

From KOTA -- ABC News Rapid City South Dakota
http://www.kotatv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7540123

2 Minute Video clip http://tinyurl.com/2l8khp (broken link)

Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 AM

Default A little History from Amost 1 year ago

From NWLA News
http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?op...1871&Itemid=56

"Johnson said her son had been at a friend’s house, which is around nine miles away from his house, and made arrangements for his cousin to pick him up. When his ride failed to show up, Johnson said she was told her son decided to walk home.

“That is not like Clint,” Johnson said. “He has always kept in constant communication with us. He has never gone more than a few days without talking to his family.” Johnson added that the check her son was to pick up was for around $2,000 and he had looked forward to receiving it."

Old 01-13-2008, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,226 times
I think the upcoming search is January 18-20. As I understand it the family needs volunteers to help them this is all the information I have available at this time:

The Johnsons say they would like more than 100 volunteers, and $5,000 by Jan. 1, to conduct the search properly. If you want to donate, volunteer or have any information on Nelson's disappearance please call the following numbers.

To donate, contact any Northern Hills First Western Bank and ask for information on the Clinton Nelson Search Fund.

To volunteer to travel to Louisiana and join the search, e-mail the Johnson Family at [MOD] email removed, not a good idea, read TOS why [/MOD] Volunteers can also contact "Let's Bring Them Home" at 1 (877) 270-9500. This organization posted a $75,000 reward for information leading to Nelson's whereabouts and the arrest and conviction of any person(s) responsible.

Last edited by autumngal; 01-13-2008 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: email removed

Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks Ravenmaiden,

What can I say & how do I say it so that the reader may attempt to do something besides just say... oh well?
I became aware of Clinton's story & his Mother's (Carolyn) quest to locate him, just before Thanksgiving. As I sat the Thanksgiving table with my children & gandson I had to to ask myself... What if one of them was missing over a 1200 miles way? What would I hope their local community and my own community would do to assist me? What could I do to assist Clinton's family from central Illinois.

I decided the best thing I can do is spread the news and ask others to do the same. I hope this messages makes it to people within the Haughton, LA. general area like Shreveport or Bossier City, where they may be able to make a difference.

To me what could be worse than not to know what happend to my loved one, is people NOT to know about or how they might help locate my loved one. JMO of course

For more history on Clinto please read at Crime and Justice Moderator cut: removed

Thank You
OldF from Illinois

Last edited by autumngal; 01-14-2008 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: no other forums please

Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM

Default Search Information

On September 1, 2006 Clinton Devon Nelson, 21, of Spearfish SD., went missing from a house on Ward Lane, in Princeton, LA. . To this day, his family and friends have no idea what happened to him or where he is. Multiple leads have turned up wanting and several search efforts have produced nothing. An accident or possilbe foul play is suspected.

Clinton's mother Carolyn Johnson is returning this week to participate in a three day search for her missing son (Jan. 18-20) . The search is being coordinated by Texas EquuSearch of Dickinson, TX. and Lets Bring Them Home of Bentonville, AR. .

If you are at least age 18 and physically able to participate in the search, Please make the time to assist a Mom attempt to locate her missing son.

I still do not have the Search Meeting location but should be close to the I-79/80 & 157 exchange.

If anyone can print off and distribute the Search Flyer or Texas EquuSearch (T.E.S) Searcher Registration Form and disturibute them that would be great!

Please Note: Searchers must be at least age 18 and a photo ID will be required for all searchers.

Search Flyer Moderator cut: use dm for flyers

Searcher Registration Form
Moderator cut: use dm for forms

Thank You

Last edited by autumngal; 01-14-2008 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: no forums or blogs please

Old 01-15-2008, 10:03 AM

Default Renewed search planned for missing Bossier Parish man

From the Shreve Port Times Jan. 15, 2008

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...GNEWS/80115008

Quote:
Now the national organizations Let's Bring Them Home, Texas EquuSearch and the Kristen Foundation intend to help Nelson's family answer one question: Where is Clinton?

Friday through Sunday, Texas EquuSearch will renew the search for Clinton by hosting a massive grid-by-grid ground search for Nelson in the Princeton area.

"Clinton has been missing for more than a year now and new information is bringing us closer to finding him," says Cindy Wisdom, Texas EquuSearch spokeswoman. "This is going to be a tough search with a lot of planning involved."

People who wish to volunteer or have information on Nelson should call toll-free at (866) 479-5284 or email find-clinton@hotmail.com.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:21 PM

Exclamation Local Updates Wanted

Ok...
I may be breaking every TOS rule in the Book....BUT since NO one else seems to post here...

Are there any posters from the local area around Haughton La. that could let me / us know what is going on as far at the media coverage and the actual search effort.

TIA

Old 01-16-2008, 11:40 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF View Post
Ok...
I may be breaking every TOS rule in the Book....BUT since NO one else seems to post here...

Are there any posters from the local area around Haughton La. that could let me / us know what is going on as far at the media coverage and the actual search effort.

TIA
You are fine . I hope you get good news .
and psst it's your thread .

Old 01-19-2008, 08:03 AM

Default Search for missing Bossier man to go on all weekend

Rob Blackmon rblackmon@ktbs.com

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Search-for-missing-Bossier-man-to-go-on-all-weekend-7950/#

short film clip available at above link

Also from Shreveport Times

"Three national missing person organizations, Texas EquuSearch, Let's Bring Them Home and the Kristen Foundation were involved in the first of the three-day effort. More than two dozen family members, friends and volunteers searched through yards, pastures and along creek beds and pond shores near the intersection of U.S. Highway 80 and state Highway 157."

The groups have set up a base at station #3 of Bossier Fire District No. 1 on state Highway 157 near the 80.
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...=2008801190328

I Just wish it had said two hundred. !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search