Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2024, 04:14 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,712,782 times

Advertisements

Was hoping for a super sunny weekend. Looks like rain Sunday, hopefully things change. Looked at movies nothing coming out for little ones at the moment. Avoiding the science/children museum's on weekends as our little one has been a petri dish lately since COVID in December.

Any ideas? We do paint do a lot of paint. Do color. Do chalk on the covered porch area if the rain isn't blowing towards us. Do popcorn and movie time. I can't think of anything different or special to do. Any ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2024, 09:28 AM

3,928 posts, read 6,846,319 times
We have an indoor splash pad near us that I bring my kids to sometimes, or just any indoor pool. Another great options is your local library. The libraries by me have huge kids sections with plenty of trains, toys, doll houses, and even iPads for the kiddos to play on.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:59 AM

1,949 posts, read 929,377 times
Have her clean up her room while y'all do those chores you've been meaning to take care of so you can move.

Old 04-26-2024, 05:09 AM

4,964 posts, read 3,324,141 times
Playdoh clay the glitter ones and pastel colors and bright colors, little forms to shape it.

Coloring a placemat.

Bake a simple cookie recipe.

Papercrafts, paper dress dolls.

Free coloring pages with the newsletter at https://store.doverpublications.com

Old 04-26-2024, 10:42 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,176,728 times
-Build a pillow fort together. Help plan a picnic lunch they can participate in making, PBJ, ants on a log, trail mix, frozen banana pops, etc. Eat lunch in the pillow fort.
-Make a puppet stage from a large cardboard box or poster boards. Use paint, glitter glue, fabric scraps, get creative. Make some paper or cloth finger puppets and put on a silly play, letting your child take the lead.
-Large building sets like lincoln logs, k'nex, legos, hotwheels racetracks, etc.. Build big, let the plastic dinosaurs roam, let your child be the earthquake that knocks the building down.
-Age appropriate board games or puzzles, read a book while made up as your favorite character.

Old Today, 07:38 AM

12,054 posts, read 8,443,775 times
I don't know how much something freeform appeals to kids these days but I do remember the day I got out construction paper, white glue, her first blunt nose scissors, crayons and put them on the kitchen table.

She spent nearly half the afternoon sitting there cutting and pasting to her heart's content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting