Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2024, 04:00 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,046,964 times

Advertisements

Hi

I am from CT, and was hoping someone could tell me who is the Congressperson and who is the Senator who represents Girard County and Sandusky county?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2024, 06:12 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,136,588 times
I'm confused. Girard is not a county, it is a city in Trumbull county, far away from Sandusky county. You are talking about Ohio, right?

Old 06-04-2024, 12:59 PM

Yes, Ohio. Looking for the people (house and senate) who rep Girard, and the people who rep Sandusky - or the larger locality where these places reside. Traffic summons I have says "Girard Municipal court, Girard Ohio". Not sure if that's a city, county, or what, and not sure if that is part of a larger locality. Been to OH 1x, and don't really know it that well

Thanks.

Old 06-04-2024, 01:06 PM

144 posts, read 75,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
Yes, Ohio. Looking for the people (house and senate) who rep Girard, and the people who rep Sandusky - or the larger locality where these places reside. Traffic summons I have says "Girard Municipal court, Girard Ohio". Not sure if that's a city, county, or what, and not sure if that is part of a larger locality. Been to OH 1x, and don't really know it that well

Thanks.
You must mean Girard, Ohio in Trumbull County. Girard is notorious for its traffic/speed cameras.

Dave Joyce (House) represents the 14th District which includes Girard.

Marcy Kaptur (House) represents the 9th District which includes Sandusky.

Old 06-05-2024, 07:38 AM

Thank you.

Senators? I know there are only two of them - I guess I can call and ask.

Old 06-05-2024, 07:43 AM

45,652 posts, read 61,079,806 times
Quote:
Thank you.

Senators? I know there are only two of them - I guess I can call and ask.
Your Ohio Senators, at least federal, are Sherrod Brown and J.D. Vance.

I have to ask why you're going federal for a traffic summons? If you want to complain or lobby or whatever you'd contact the State rep and senator for the district or the County Commissioner or City Council member.

Old 06-05-2024, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Your Ohio Senators, at least federal, are Sherrod Brown and J.D. Vance.

I have to ask why you're going federal for a traffic summons? If you want to complain or lobby or whatever you'd contact the State rep and senator for the district or the County Commissioner or City Council member.
Ok, that helps; maybe I am approaching this the wrong way. You are right, of course - Congress people and Sens are Federal. But isn't the Congress person considered a state rep? There are other non-fed State reps and senators for various districts? How do I find those people... it might be better to start there.

If I go here:

https://www.co.trumbull.oh.us/

There is little info. Tho there is this page:

https://www.co.trumbull.oh.us/Commissioners

Should I start there?

Thanks for the time.

Old 06-05-2024, 12:48 PM

4,257 posts, read 4,513,158 times
I would read this:https://www.justia.com/traffic-ticke...he-prosecutor/

Then start here https://girardpolice.com/ to understand what summons is for / about.

Good luck!

Old 06-05-2024, 12:54 PM

45,652 posts, read 61,079,806 times
Quote:
Ok, that helps; maybe I am approaching this the wrong way. You are right, of course - Congress people and Sens are Federal. But isn't the Congress person considered a state rep? There are other non-fed State reps and senators for various districts? How do I find those people... it might be better to start there.

If I go here:

https://www.co.trumbull.oh.us/

There is little info. Tho there is this page:

https://www.co.trumbull.oh.us/Commissioners

Should I start there?

Thanks for the time.
Yeah, but the Feds don't really like to get involved in that sort of local stuff. Living as I do in Maryland the go to for things is Steny Hoyer. Honest to Christ people would contact his office if the playground wasn't opened on time. That's one of many true stories.

My first stop, since it sounds like the City of Girard would be the Mayor/Town Council. If they're elected by district find out who yours is and contact him/her.

Wait, you don't live there. Just pay the fine unless it's outrageous (which being Ohio it may well be).

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
on3

506 posts, read 395,720 times
Ohio gets a bad rap due to certain po-dunk towns that have nothing better to do all day but write tickets because they won't incorporate into the larger neighboring city as they should. So instead of doing something about it, we just continue to allow this nonsense to go on. Why do these po-dunkers do this and pester nonlocals with their bs practices? It's because it's all they have.... it's their entire identity. The meaning of their existence so to speak. Sad.. but true.. and they know who they are.

The major topic of these types of towns unfortunately tends to be how well the high school football team played the other night. Sometimes it's just not worth living in a place that you KNOW is going to mistreat nonlocals and try to ticket them just to bring money to the city. It would be very bad to live in such a place knowing that went on where the police are biased and only ticket those with plates outside of the county in which they are ticketing in.

Bottom line, avoid those places at all costs when living in Ohio unless you are the quarterback for the HS team in question. You won't get a ticket if that's the case, but then you are having to waste time educating the governing body of the town on how to properly police instead of concentrating on football. 9/10 times as the HS QB, you're essentially the closest thing that some of these folks (sheriff and all) ever had as a real mentor or a real father figure regardless age difference. Sad, but true.

Instead, look for towns/cities in Ohio that bring in good revenue due to larger businesses. These places aren't hurting for money and don't spend all day trying to generate money for the city with their petty traffic stops. The police in these locations won't bother you for nonsense like speeding or tinted windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: