Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 PM

315 posts, read 623,444 times

Advertisements

Could you guys up in Ohio PLEASE stop moving to South Carolina? Seriously, if I have to hear "Well, we moved here from Ohio X years ago..." from one more person in South Carolina I'm gonna lose my mind. Please pass this request to your neighbors, if they're still there. And if they aren't, well, I'll tell them to please go back. If this keeps up, LeBron James is gonna think he's from Columbia. That is all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 06:30 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,695 times
Just as soon as your state stops whoring itself out to northerners.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
When I last lived in Ohio, 20+ years ago, SC was THE place to vacation. My guess is that those vacationers liked it so much in SC that they're retiring there.

Last edited by Bo; 06-20-2011 at 09:23 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,492,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Just as soon as your state stops whoring itself out to northerners.
Let's play nice, now!

To the OP, where should we tell these people to go? We don't want them (the Ohioans who don't like it here, and think the grass is greener elsewhere) here, either.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:48 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Now, you know what it feels like to be in California

In fact, I only came over here to say this after you started some dumb thread over in the San Francisco forums saying that your friends won't be moving here because everything's "too regulated."

Old 06-20-2011, 08:33 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times
Sounds like a troll to me people. OP, if you're not a troll then I'm just here to say I love NE Ohio and you don't have to worry about me moving down there. I like Ohio just fine.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 PM

315 posts, read 623,444 times
No, I'm not a troll. My hair isn't neon, and I'm taller than 8 inches.

I do have a female roommate/friend and we want to move. Probably in-state, but she has dreamed of SanFran forever, she loved the show Full House and thought SanFran would be just like that. I've never been, but she came back saying basically Hell No!!

I like ribbing the Ohioans. Yes, they vacation here a lot. Drive anywhere in Charleston or Myrtle Beach in the summer, and ever other license tag is Ohio, Jersey, Pennsylvania or North Carolina. Which is cool, we greatly appreciate your tourism, and hope you come back every year. But my gosh....moving here permanently??? Theres already an "Offical Ohio State Fan's Pub" on my block!!! It's all in good nature.

Speaking of good fun: Whats the prettiest city in Ohio? Charleston. Just a local joke we have here.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,902,569 times
Sorry, no offense, you may not be a troll but this seems like a thread a troll would make.

There are 11.5 million people in Ohio, we have 3 metro areas with over 2 million, and plenty of other large cities in the state, with a large and diverse economy. Trust me, South Carolina is not on a majority of the states' radar, nor its residents. When you have big population centers like Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, etc, you will see a lot more people out and about, and even moving.

Sorry, but South Carolina does nothing for me. It is too poor, too humid, and the drivers are terrible. Charleston is nice, though. Columbia... a big yawn.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
No, I'm not a troll. My hair isn't neon, and I'm taller than 8 inches.

I do have a female roommate/friend and we want to move. Probably in-state, but she has dreamed of SanFran forever, she loved the show Full House and thought SanFran would be just like that. I've never been, but she came back saying basically Hell No!!
Full House? Really?

I remember the last time that came on TV. My sister was sitting there in the living room, in front of me... playing with one of these... circa 1993...

In any case, I'm sorry your roommate isn't prepared to make the switch to being an urbanite in the 21st century. It's not for everyone.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
This isn't trolling. I have a friend in So Caro that was from PA NOT OHIO and it IS a common joke about how many Ohioans are down there.

At least it isn't Austin Texas. I have another friend there (from Ohio) and the big joke there is no one is actually FROM Austin. People born therem, move and it is filled with people... from everywhere else. You'll rarely hear in Austin:
"Where ya' from?"
"Here..."
lol

Ohioans have invaded the Lowcountry... and some folks wish they would leave | Features | Charleston City Paper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: