Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,212 times

Advertisements

My husband, my young son, and I are considering moving to Leesburg. I'd really appreciate suggestions on good places to live. Any suggestions on where to look for family-friendly (lots of families, good schools, safe) affordable places in Leesburg? Thanks in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 12:27 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsunshinebaby View Post
My husband, my young son, and I are considering moving to Leesburg. I'd really appreciate suggestions on good places to live. Any suggestions on where to look for family-friendly (lots of families, good schools, safe) affordable places in Leesburg? Thanks in advance for your input.
How do you define ''affordable''? Are you looking to buy, or rent? Most of the schools are good.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:04 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,737,752 times
Do you like suburban living or in-town living?

Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 10,212 times
Whoops, looks like I left out some important details - sorry. For us, affordable is under $400k (we are looking to buy). Also, while we wouldn't want to be too far away from all the places a family usually goes (shopping, parks, movies, etc.), I think my husband would prefer a suburban setting rather than a town setting. Part of the reason we are strongly considering Leesburg is that we are finding closer-in parts of NoVa too densely developed.

Thanks again for your responses!

Old 12-26-2011, 06:16 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,737,752 times
For that money you can even get new construction SFH in Leesburg. But if you want existing; Potomac Crossing is nice and within your budget. If you're looking for townhouses you have more options for that budget. Good luck!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:12 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Try looking here: Moderator Cut

You might also want to look at Purcellville, small town near Leesburg. Moderator Cut

Last edited by FindingZen; 12-27-2011 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Posting realtor-specific sites is considered "free" advertising per the Terms of Service

Old 12-26-2011, 09:08 PM

5 posts, read 7,884 times
I live in Exeter and love it.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,513,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsunshinebaby View Post
Whoops, looks like I left out some important details - sorry. For us, affordable is under $400k (we are looking to buy). Also, while we wouldn't want to be too far away from all the places a family usually goes (shopping, parks, movies, etc.), I think my husband would prefer a suburban setting rather than a town setting. Part of the reason we are strongly considering Leesburg is that we are finding closer-in parts of NoVa too densely developed.

Thanks again for your responses!
I'm not sure what you mean by a suburban setting vs. a town setting. Most of the town will have condos, townhouses, and SFHs on a 1/5-1/3 acre lot, whether it be the "near downtown" area or the newer subdivisions outside the bypass.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 18,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningstarlet View Post
I live in Exeter and love it.
What do you love about it? I googled Exeter and it only came up with a shopping center in Leesburg, is that right? Is it a neighborhood in Leesburg? Thanks!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,513,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiBean View Post
What do you love about it? I googled Exeter and it only came up with a shopping center in Leesburg, is that right? Is it a neighborhood in Leesburg? Thanks!
Exeter is a subdivision in Leesburg. It's from the 80s/90s, so it's not as 'fashionable' as some of the newer areas like Potomac Station.

On a map, it's the area around Battlefield Parkway between King Street and the Leesburg Bypass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia