Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM

531 posts, read 1,429,386 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a SFH in a community in Loudoun county that satisfies the following critieria:
1. Having home lots between 1 and 3 acres (not necessarily all the lots in the community are of this size but at least some are).
2. Having community ammennities such as a club house, swimming pool, tennis court, etc.
3. In a good school district
4. Family friendly
5. Priced under 1M.

I have been looking for such a community for a while with no success. Maybe someone else can help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 04:06 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,177,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
I am looking for a SFH in a community in Loudoun county that satisfies the following critieria:
1. Having home lots between 1 and 3 acres (not necessarily all the lots in the community are of this size but at least some are).
2. Having community ammennities such as a club house, swimming pool, tennis court, etc.
3. In a good school district
4. Family friendly
5. Priced under 1M.

I have been looking for such a community for a while with no success. Maybe someone else can help me out?
1. You will find these primarily west of Leesburg per smart growth policies enacted in western Loudoun County. The challenge may be in satisfying your fifth requirement.

3. Loudoun County is all one school district. You may instead be interested in what schools feed into what preferred high school "pyramids". I'll defer to actual Loudoun County residents to expound upon that.

4. Most all of Loudoun County is family friendly. Leesburg and points east tend to be defined by higher-density buildings and amenities as well as relatively affordable housing compared to closer-in suburbs. Due west of Leesburg, the atmosphere becomes more rural, punctuated by towns that define the prototypical "Main Street USA".

5. Because of the aforementioned minimum acreage in western Loudoun, supply for housing is low and demand is high. So depending on how many BRs, BAs and land in general you seek, the odds of finding a home under $1M may not be as high as one might think being so distant from DC.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,452,938 times
Check out Stoneleigh Golf and Country Club in Round Hill. There are also numerous neighborhoods that are close the Stoneleigh or to Loudoun Golf in Purcellville.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:39 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,097,760 times
Have you checked Lowes Island Estates in Cascades?

Old 04-07-2012, 07:10 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,313,377 times
Willowsford

Huntleigh at Creighton Farms

Old 04-07-2012, 09:38 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,954,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Check out Stoneleigh Golf and Country Club in Round Hill. There are also numerous neighborhoods that are close the Stoneleigh or to Loudoun Golf in Purcellville.
I love Stoneleigh! Beautiful neighborhood and good schools. River Creek in Leesburg is also very nice.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:37 PM

560 posts, read 1,292,445 times
This one looks pretty palatial (less than an acre, though)-

23349 Lennoxville Way Dulles VA - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #LO7792164 - Realtor.com®

Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
1. You will find these primarily west of Leesburg per smart growth policies enacted in western Loudoun County. The challenge may be in satisfying your fifth requirement.

3. Loudoun County is all one school district. You may instead be interested in what schools feed into what preferred high school "pyramids". I'll defer to actual Loudoun County residents to expound upon that.

4. Most all of Loudoun County is family friendly. Leesburg and points east tend to be defined by higher-density buildings and amenities as well as relatively affordable housing compared to closer-in suburbs. Due west of Leesburg, the atmosphere becomes more rural, punctuated by towns that define the prototypical "Main Street USA".

5. Because of the aforementioned minimum acreage in western Loudoun, supply for housing is low and demand is high. So depending on how many BRs, BAs and land in general you seek, the odds of finding a home under $1M may not be as high as one might think being so distant from DC.
Thank you for the advice. I live in Western Loudoun right now. Most houses here are on lots larger than 3 acres, which are more than I’d like to maintain. The communities usually do not have amenities enjoyed by those in Eastern Loudoun. Not a lot of small kids in my neighborhood to play with my children. So I am thinking about moving.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Thank you. I visited Stoneleigh in Round Hill. It is a beautiful community. But it is a little too far out for my liking.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Have you checked Lowes Island Estates in Cascades?
Not yet. Looks like a nice neighborhood. I will certainly take a look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: