Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM

5,936 posts, read 3,055,839 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2024/06/03/us-new...th-her-family/

I always wondered, who buys fruit from these poor folk. I see them sometimes on the highway and I feel sorry for them. Imagine leaving your own country trying to make a home in a new land where it’s safe. But at the same time, you have to fight for your right, to party!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM

150 posts, read 34,411 times
Growing up I never saw these clowns. Last few years, their seems to be thousands of them. Who are these parks clowns?

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

32,094 posts, read 27,348,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJewNYC View Post
Growing up I never saw these clowns. Last few years, their seems to be thousands of them. Who are these parks clowns?
Same ones you see on subway, on street corners, near construction sites, outside train and ferry terminals... One can't get away from them.

Most are Mexican or South American "migrants" with nil other skills including limited English.

Anyone who has visited Mexico or various South American countries knows places are lousy with persons selling fruit, food, beverages, etc... on streets. Thus, it's not surprising same persons do what they know how to do once in USA.

Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM

5 posts, read 40 times
Every single sentence of this article is bad news for law abiding citizens of NYC.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

150 posts, read 34,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Same ones you see on subway, on street corners, near construction sites, outside train and ferry terminals... One can't get away from them.

Most are Mexican or South American "migrants" with nil other skills including limited English.

Anyone who has visited Mexico or various South American countries knows places are lousy with persons selling fruit, food, beverages, etc... on streets. Thus, it's not surprising same persons do what they know how to do once in USA.
I wasn’t referring to the illegal street vendors.

Old Today, 06:26 AM

16,255 posts, read 7,000,209 times
Quote:
Our grandchildren....................

Old Today, 07:29 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,763,403 times
Quote:
I wasn’t referring to the illegal street vendors.
Parks Enforcement Patrol
The Parks Enforcement Patrol vows to Preserve and Protect our parks.
The Parks Enforcement Patrol, or PEP, is a team of dedicated officers who preserve and protect parks and public facilities. PEP officers enforce our rules & regulations, educate the public, respond to the concerns of park patrons, and ensure that our parks and public spaces are safe and welcoming to all visitors.

What We Do
The Parks Enforcement Patrol watches over parks and public spaces to make sure that our rules and regulations are followed. PEP officers educate the public on proper use of City parks and playgrounds, and watch over beaches and marinas, recreation centers, and other public spaces. PEP officers are available to provide first aid when needed, provide crowd control during special events such as parades and concerts, and to reach out to at-risk individuals in need of social services.

All PEP officers are New York State certified Peace Officers.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

3,868 posts, read 3,180,970 times
respekt mah athourity!!! bonehead, with arresting powers. i do good boss, right?right? is all it is.. scared to lose them stripes for performance, probably? these park police, driving eco mustang suvs, wtf? in spend that money attitude of the City. ...

And people are really screaming for child protection services, you kidding me? So f what, selling healthy fruit to help pay them bills, and teaching the kids what hard work is...they are not in the streets selling BS chocolate snacks for an alleged athletic team, no? "But my constituents were complaining of the traffic caused by the fruit lady" said Ms Gristlepuss and her biddies... but these tourist , stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, to look up! thats ok.

Even the NYPD did not want to get involved. Most of these Badge folks didnt make the cut with the big boys, but still carry themselves as such.

Old Today, 09:31 AM

2,326 posts, read 1,178,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
respekt mah athourity!!! bonehead, with arresting powers. i do good boss, right?right? is all it is.. scared to lose them stripes for performance, probably? these park police, driving eco mustang suvs, wtf? in spend that money attitude of the City. ...

And people are really screaming for child protection services, you kidding me? So f what, selling healthy fruit to help pay them bills, and teaching the kids what hard work is...they are not in the streets selling BS chocolate snacks for an alleged athletic team, no? "But my constituents were complaining of the traffic caused by the fruit lady" said Ms Gristlepuss and her biddies... but these tourist , stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, to look up! thats ok.

Even the NYPD did not want to get involved. Most of these Badge folks didnt make the cut with the big boys, but still carry themselves as such.

Using children to sell fruit or anything else on the street is child abuse. CPS should be notified and the parent/parents arrested.

Old Today, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 40 times
The full story is that the fruit dealer was probably a lawbreaker who repeatedly disregarded: park rules, public safety laws, city laws, County laws, state laws, federal laws, immigration laws, labor laws, identification theft laws, free shelter rules, food and hygiene standards, assault laws, theft laws, resisting arrest laws, tax evasion, subway rules, child endangerment and probably more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City