Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

209 posts, read 313,034 times

Advertisements

Hello,

In my decades of living within NYC, there are some food and retail options located within transportation terminals that I have gone to these locations, without intending to use the transportation terminal.

Has anyone ever gone to a transportation terminal in NYC just to eat or go shopping (I.E going to Penn station to have lunch and not catching a train.)?

Here some great ones I remember:

Penn Station:

1. Don Pepi: GREAT FOR ITALIAN LUNCHES. When in the area, stop by.

2. The old K-Mart was great

3. Tiecoon was a great store.

4. Good small bookshop

5. Once had good frozen yogurt somewhere in the place.

Port Authority:

1. Good Bowling Alley

2. When I was a little kid, there was a good collectible/toyshop on the 2nd floor somewhere.

Times Square Subway station:

1. I loved the record store.

Fulton Center:

good sushi

I think ages ago, there was actually a takeout place in the seventh avenue and 14th street stop.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM

11,632 posts, read 12,693,738 times
That record store in Times Square was the main NYC store for record collectors

Old Today, 09:04 AM

34,043 posts, read 47,252,748 times
There used to be a good pizzeria in the Jamaica Bus Terminal, I don't know if its still there

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Today, 02:51 PM

1,060 posts, read 542,503 times
I've gone to Grand Central a few times for food, but it seems sort of chaotic and loud downstairs where most of the eateries are so lately I've avoided it.

I also tried that underground corridor that's attached to Columbus Circle but didn't really find anything of great interest. It's called Turn Style https://www.turn-style.com/

Old Today, 09:04 PM

5,665 posts, read 2,605,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
I've gone to Grand Central a few times for food, but it seems sort of chaotic and loud downstairs where most of the eateries are so lately I've avoided it.

I also tried that underground corridor that's attached to Columbus Circle but didn't really find anything of great interest. It's called Turn Style https://www.turn-style.com/
Turn style was great pre covid. But many of the places have come and gone since.

Old Today, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelOrear View Post
Hello,

In my decades of living within NYC, there are some food and retail options located within transportation terminals that I have gone to these locations, without intending to use the transportation terminal.

Has anyone ever gone to a transportation terminal in NYC just to eat or go shopping (I.E going to Penn station to have lunch and not catching a train.)?

Here some great ones I remember:

Penn Station:

2. The old K-Mart was great
I went to that Kmart all the time.

I used to go to smoothie king before I went to MSG.

Old Today, 09:09 PM

In Europe they have stores/restaurants/markets underground by a lot of stations. Even the trains that go directly to the airport, like in Germany. They have a grocery store. So you can go by decent food after you get to the airport but before you go through security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: