Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 10:52 PM

3 posts, read 6,451 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I'm interested in finding out information about the Riva Pointe building in Weehawken. I love that area, but I see units for sale know in the $400K and $500K that were originally sold for 700K and 800K and I'm wondering what could have happened to make the prices drop so significantly. Does it have to do with flood insurance from Sandy? Is it poor construction? Any info at all-- if you lived there and loved it, lived there and hated it-- would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 12:43 PM

123 posts, read 236,870 times
bump - any new updates or views on this location?

Old 06-06-2018, 12:52 PM

565 posts, read 723,819 times
The HOA/maintenance is extremely high. That's the main issue. As long as you've calculated that and it's still a good deal, then it should be fine. During Sandy, it was literally an island on the pier. No land access to the street, because that's how high the floodwaters had risen. But that's only happened the once in the 29 years that it's been there. It's a 30 year old building, and the nature of condo HOAs are that fees will rise as buildings age. There's just a lot of maintenance issues that come up at that point--the roof, plumbing, etc, plus Riva Pointe has a pool and gym and doorman (if I remember correctly). That will happen in any 30 year old building. Some of the units are super dated, others have been updated.

Location is great if you want to take a ferry. It used to be pretty isolated, but now that all the other buildings are coming up on River road, there's more to do in that direct area. Obviously, Hoboken is right around the little cove. My kids went to the Bright Horizons for a bit when it first opened.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:53 PM

Weehawken recently released their updated plan for the waterfront sports complex/park around the corner from Riva Pointe---there will be a giant public pool complex. That should be great for the area.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:21 PM

Actually, I just found out that Riva Pointe does have 3rd party flood insurance that is super high. You'll want to check into that.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:26 PM

4,184 posts, read 5,072,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikan View Post
...But that's only happened the once in the 29 years that it's been there...

Once is enough.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:02 AM

123 posts, read 236,870 times
Thanks.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,781 times
following, the question: Is the value of the properties will go up or down as a result of all the development and the new pier that is almost complete just next to Riva Pointe?

Old Today, 09:54 AM

2 posts
There are pros and cons but hard to get this info while searching for a home here. So FYI
Pros
Nice views
Good transportation
Cons
Everything runs on electric including cooking, air, heat, Winter is cold and long on river
High maintenance per month. Might even go up. Whole development is standing on wood and concrete, will need to maintain year around
Flood zone V zone, NFIP will not cover this zone. Expect high mortgage rates and Private flood insurance
Some residents have complained about rain water seeping in from top floors and possibility of mold in walls on the internet(I have not live here). Possible
Compare to Promenade in Edgewater,NJ before buying. Both are built on Piers.
Several complaints against the board, including loosing in a court case with developer for late filing in court for damages

Old Today, 09:58 AM

2 posts
(This is from a person who used to live there. Can not confirm the validity)The upper level has stone walk so the water seepage is cording the foundation. Insurance Very high and hard to get.
have an engineer look before you buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: