Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,339,776 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a condo to buy in Myrtle Beach and have seen some very nice listings in the Caravelle Resort. It appears that the place was recently renovated, and it's in the quieter section of MB that we really like. Can anyone give us some insight on whether or not this is a popular resort and what your opinion of it is?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,341,971 times
We stayed there a few years ago when we added a couple days onto our vacation.

It was very worn and not well kept.

If it has been renovated recently I would make sure you personally take a look before buying.

It is in a more quiet location so that might be a plus for you.

It really depends on the time you are in MB on vacation and using the condo.

If you want a more quiet beach with small amount of people on it then this might work. If you are like us we want people around us at the beach most of the time and the location would not work for us because of that.

Visit in person and you will be fine.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 AM

Thanks, I was looking at some candid pix of the place on Tripadvisor last night and I can see what you're talking about. I think we'll have to pass. Some of it looks really good, but it's the bad stuff that people remember when booking their future vacations.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Thanks, I was looking at some candid pix of the place on Tripadvisor last night and I can see what you're talking about. I think we'll have to pass. Some of it looks really good, but it's the bad stuff that people remember when booking their future vacations.

Glad I was able to help you in not making a bad decision.

I did not want to sway your decision but wanted to you to know what I felt about the Caravelle.

Plenty of nice places so keep looking, you will find something I am sure.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Thanks, we have an offer pending on a unit in Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. I know it's not oceanfront, but it's gorgeous, the price is right, and it is rated the #1 hotel in MB on Tripadvisor. They have their own section of beach that they shuttle guests to, so unless someone absolutely has to have a view of the ocean, it's great. Personally, I think I like the idea of having a view of the ICW and the marina instead of the ocean, just for something different. We don't like the big crowds either, that's one thing we did like about the Caravelle, that it was in a quieter section of the beach.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Thanks, we have an offer pending on a unit in Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. I know it's not oceanfront, but it's gorgeous, the price is right, and it is rated the #1 hotel in MB on Tripadvisor. They have their own section of beach that they shuttle guests to, so unless someone absolutely has to have a view of the ocean, it's great. Personally, I think I like the idea of having a view of the ICW and the marina instead of the ocean, just for something different. We don't like the big crowds either, that's one thing we did like about the Caravelle, that it was in a quieter section of the beach.
Grande Dunes is super nice.

Easy to get to the beach. If you are high enough you should get a view of the beach and of course the sunrises etc.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 PM

39 posts, read 95,878 times
I am not familiar with Caravelle, but for what its worth, we bought a condo (together with our son) at Avista in North Myrtle Beach two years ago and really like it. My son did a lot of the research and found a good one we feel. We were just there for a weekend to go to the annual owners meeting. My husband and I are both impressed with the way things are run and taken care of. We walked on the beach (even in Jan. gotta love it) and swam in the indoor pool and lazy river.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. If the Grande Dunes deal falls through I will check out the Avista listings.

Yeah, walking on the beach sounds really good right now, especially considering that we're in the midst of getting 4-6" of snow and can barely get out of our driveway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area