Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2007, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,016 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate to myrtle beach area with my wife and 3 boys ages 15,12,and 8. Looking for help with any info good or bad about schools in area.Moving from upstate NY,wondering about adjustment for kids in starting new schools. Also 15 yr old very active in drama and theatre. Is there any special programs in school or elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 07:54 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,883,881 times
We are relocating next month from NJ to Myrtle Beach. We are having a home built in Carolina Forest and the development is The Farm. The new elementary & middle school are right outside the development, seems very "kid" friendly. I have heard good things about the schools.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 PM

30 posts, read 123,397 times
Hi;
Spent a month in Myrtle with my little ones and we had a blast! So much to do, people are friendly AND a lot are from the northeast! Have two friends that moved last yr and love it. My girlfriend moved with her little one and she's in the Farm as well. What a nice community! And the people I had the pleasure of meeting were absolutely wonderful down to earth people GJM is correct there are new schools and my friends child goes and LOVES it! Teachers are very involved and actually answer your emails, phone calls, unlike what you may be used to. Just tid bit for you ladies out there, if you don't know already, there is a "tanger mall outlet" on 501 (on your left on 501 going towards "desparados" restuarant-Btw:great steaks). the tanger mall has everything you'd need, clothes (designer and cheap), food, jewelry, household, kitchen gadgets, a little area for kids to ride the ride ons, Linen stores and the list goes on. There is also "Broadway at the beach", very very nice place to wander around, eat, feed the fish, shop and more! You could never do it in a day or two or even maybe 3 (LOL) I know of a technical school on 501 but not sure what they offer. We loved our trip in myrtle and can't wait to return soon. Good luck to you and yours and wishing you well

Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,054 times
area is really nice...kids might have a problem with these southern ways...hope your job and same pay is also relocating...Pay is horrible here...good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area