Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 AM

43 posts, read 114,600 times

Advertisements

I put together a blog post detailing the story of my journey from Boston to Myrtle Beach which will culminate with our arrival in a few weeks.

If you're looking to move, you may find some informative details and links, especially surrounding the Market Common area that I'm interested in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 05:22 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,895,903 times
I am nearing retirement age myself and I have always had a special fondness for Myrtle Beach. Maybe it is
because I have lived in the mountains for a very long time and also my early days I spent with my family every summer. I recently drove down there for just one night and enjoyed a great seafood dinner and walked on the beach with a friend. I had a wonderful visit only for a short time. The people there are very friendly to me and they seem to welcome strangers, especially Virginia "yankees" oddly enough. When I retire there I hope to explore the outlying areas especially Georgetown, Charleston , etc. Wilmington is also a favorite place for me.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:28 AM

108 posts, read 227,666 times
LogicX, enjoyed reading your blog. We also moved from Boston area last December. We luckily did not have to worry about jobs as we are retired now (although my husband is still self employed and I still consult part time with foirmer employer). MB area is great for us in so many ways. Costs are low and people are super friendly.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 PM

62 posts, read 125,476 times
We are also from just outside of Boston.

We purchased a small condo as a vacation get-away last year. I've been spending more & more time there as time marches on. ( I just got home ahead of the storm) It appears that we just might be using it for an early retirement! .

Time will tell if we call Myrtle Beach our " home " I sure hope so. Certainly warmer with more sunshine no wonder everyone is so friendly/happy!

Take care & all the best in your journey. Enjoying your blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area