Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 06:55 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,661,012 times

Advertisements

We enjoy our visits to Huntington Beach with our family. I thought you'd like to see some pictures from there too.

A view from the Nature Center in Huntington Beach State Park, SC

At the Nature Center...Look up!

My favorite path to the beach...

Signs along the way...

Ahhh, the beach...

Our favorite beach...

When you have time walk the walkways along the marsh to see the egrets, spoonbills, alligators, and other wildlife. ( we saw no alligators on this trip )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 12:01 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,050 times
Once I finally relocate to MB, this is one of my first and foremost places to visit. All the times we've been to the Grand Strand and not once have we set foot in HBSP. Great pictures, worthy of rep points but alas I'm forbidden to give any to you for now. Thanks for sharing, makes me even more eager to get down there.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 AM

62 posts, read 125,334 times
So beautiful! Thank you for taking the pictures.

My cousin is getting married on Huntington state beach in the fall!!

Cannot wait to return & spend a good amount of time dodging the NE late fall & early * gasp * winter! We look forward to a time that we no longer have to shovel the white stuff & head down for good, splitting our time in Maine for the summers.

Our plans have changed & it seems that we will be moving south a bit earlier than anticipated for winters. at least that's our thought for today. We move in one year's time when my husbands current contract comes to an end, some seven years earlier than previously thought ( year to year contract ) OR the new owners might keep him on, in which case what I just wrote will be a moot point for now.

If scenario one pans out we are cautiously hopeful he will be able to find some type of employment to go along with funds that we've saved over the years. We are very aware of the current economic climate in S.C. We are so close to retirement but...fall short!

We remain optimistic despite our spending freeze on anything other than basic necessities. That said, I found a beautiful hall table for our condo... we do need to use space wisely in such a tiny condo for storage & this fit the bill- that was part of my persuasive discussion.

You never know what twists/turns life is going to throw at you!

Have a wonderful sunny day!!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 PM

4 posts, read 4,525 times
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very nice. We have been going to Pawleys Island for 35+ years and always say we are going to Huntington State park and have never made it. Next year we are planning a 2 week trip and I am determined to make it there!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobewarm View Post
So beautiful! Thank you for taking the pictures.

My cousin is getting married on Huntington state beach in the fall!!

Cannot wait to return & spend a good amount of time dodging the NE late fall & early * gasp * winter! We look forward to a time that we no longer have to shovel the white stuff & head down for good, splitting our time in Maine for the summers.

Our plans have changed & it seems that we will be moving south a bit earlier than anticipated for winters. at least that's our thought for today. We move in one year's time when my husbands current contract comes to an end, some seven years earlier than previously thought ( year to year contract ) OR the new owners might keep him on, in which case what I just wrote will be a moot point for now.

If scenario one pans out we are cautiously hopeful he will be able to find some type of employment to go along with funds that we've saved over the years. We are very aware of the current economic climate in S.C. We are so close to retirement but...fall short!

We remain optimistic despite our spending freeze on anything other than basic necessities. That said, I found a beautiful hall table for our condo... we do need to use space wisely in such a tiny condo for storage & this fit the bill- that was part of my persuasive discussion.

You never know what twists/turns life is going to throw at you!

Have a wonderful sunny day!!
That will be a wonderful, and beautiful wedding. Huntington is just gorgeous in the fall.
I had to leave the snow behind to, as have many others that are down here.
Simular to you we had to retire early, as it was offered, we didn't want to loose the health benefits that went along with the offer.
There are many, many stores to find almost brand new things like tables, couches etc. So many consignment stores around with lovely things.
You will find lots of friends here and winters are quite fun with all the "snowbirds" around.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shells4 View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very nice. We have been going to Pawleys Island for 35+ years and always say we are going to Huntington State park and have never made it. Next year we are planning a 2 week trip and I am determined to make it there!
Well, Pawleys is really so simular to Huntington, beachwise. But, Huntington is nice to have a picnic and enjoy the beach and walkways of the marsh.
Hope you do take the time one day our visiting family loved that beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area