Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 09:24 AM

16 posts, read 25,472 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
I need some opinions. My company is paying for me to stay in a hotel for a month in Miami until I find a place to live. I can only spend about $85 a night including taxes. All of these listed meet the budget. Which is the best one-location wise, safety of the area, etc. I am going to be working in downtown at the Federal Courthouse from 7am-3pm daily. There is one in Brickell which is close to the budget but my company won't remburse me for the onsite parking, so I ruled that out and the one in Coral Gables is a out of the budget. Any advice/info is appreciated. Is there metrorail service that runs from up that way right into downtown near the courthouse?
Thanks

Miami - Airport - Doral - 25th Street
7750 NW 25th Street
Miami, FL (33122)

Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
6605 NW 7th St.
Miami, FL (33126)

Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South
8655 NW 21st Terrace
Miami, FL (33122)

Miami - Airport - Doral
8720 NW 33rd St.
Miami, FL (33172)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,517 times
Actually all of them are in a decent area that section right on 87 th will have lots of restrurants, and is very easy acces to downtown. I would pick either the first one or the last since one is closely to 36 street or twenty five street which have the most access to the expressway going east. That area is mostly commercial anyways so that hub going west is where you might want to look at (west doral) if looking at places.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:00 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Which month will this be for?

I would suggest something along the Metrorail line south of Government Center station. Being out by the airport is not ideal, IMO.

If you insist on one of the four, all but the one in Blue Lagoon are pretty much in the same area so I would go with whichever one has the best reviews.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:29 PM

16 posts, read 25,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Which month will this be for?

I would suggest something along the Metrorail line south of Government Center station. Being out by the airport is not ideal, IMO.

If you insist on one of the four, all but the one in Blue Lagoon are pretty much in the same area so I would go with whichever one has the best reviews.
From mid November to mid December. I was thinking about looking into the Extended Stay America in Brickell again and trying to find a monthly parking garage for about $100-$120 in that area or right in downtown. Like i said my company won't reimburse me for parking and the Brickell hotel charges like $8 a day but if I could find a garage somewhere in the price range I listed above, I would come out of my pocket for it since I could just take the metro line and not even have to worry about my car. Any recommendations on monthly parking garages in the Brickell or downtown areas?

Old 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Not sure about the parking... you can park up to 30 days at certain Metrorail stations for $4 per day.

I have not read good things about the Brickell Extended Stay. You might consider looking here,
Miami Condos | Luxury Biscayne Bay Condo Downtown | South Beach Real Estate | Miami Condominiums For Sale is Opera Tower

Or here,
The Alden Unit 201 - Vacation Rental Home - SunSpotMiami.com
but that is out at the beach.

You also might consider Four Ambassadors: The Four Ambassadors Hotel - Miami, Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami