Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 02:19 PM

226 posts, read 152,919 times

Advertisements

So as I’ve posted before... looking into a house at the corner block in Lindenhurst. Good chance we’ll get it but as i spoke to a neighbor down the block to get the 911 on the area, he told me the would be neighbor next to me, the one across from me and the one next to that one are always bickering and calling the town hall on each other for Petty things. His advice was to stay away. Is it worth losing a Dream house over?? What do ya think? Aside that he said the area is great except a few blocks over that has a drug issue... i don’t know how severe. Can i walk in the area with my family safely? Its on Daniel St. Not to from from the Daniel St. Elementary school. Please Advice. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 03:04 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,422,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jme8378 View Post
So as I’ve posted before... looking into a house at the corner block in Lindenhurst. Good chance we’ll get it but as i spoke to a neighbor down the block to get the 911 on the area, he told me the would be neighbor next to me, the one across from me and the one next to that one are always bickering and calling the town hall on each other for Petty things. His advice was to stay away. Is it worth losing a Dream house over?? What do ya think? Aside that he said the area is great except a few blocks over that has a drug issue... i don’t know how severe. Can i walk in the area with my family safely? Its on Daniel St. Not to from from the Daniel St. Elementary school. Please Advice. Thanks.
Move on to another house. We had reservations about the neighbors across the street from us on our dead end when buying. Well we regret it. Not the end of the world, but I would have bought something else finding out how annoying it is at times.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:18 PM

Really? We’ve been looking forever And this house checks Off all of our needs..SD, low taxes, brms, baths..lot space, sewer, and we preferred gas heat but this one has electric heat and after inspection looks to be in great shape. Would suck to let this one go.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:37 PM

19,332 posts, read 17,223,483 times
Visit the area in the early evening and the weekend when people are home to get a feel for the neighborhood, visit the nearest 7-11 (convenience store) and see what the local gentry look like.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:50 PM

Thanks for the tip. Will do.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:07 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,335,188 times
If they’re older and about to retire (and leave) then it wouldn’t be a concern. If you’re the kind of homeowner that always does things via permits and other “dot the i’s and cross the t’s” ways then you should be fine. They’ll just be cranky neighbors.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:34 PM

376 posts, read 313,265 times
I think it’s a plus. Unless you’re looking to do illegal stuff such as rentals, etc. If someone in the area rents an illegal apartment, I would be glad that I know people are active and reporting it to the town.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:36 PM

7,256 posts, read 4,591,023 times
Yes I have terrible psyco neighbors. Moving at the first opportunity.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:59 PM

22,728 posts, read 36,954,536 times
Why did you ask the neighbor down the road for the "911" ( think you meant 411) if you weren't going to act on it? Why did you approach that person and not the immediate neighbors?

Having crappy neighbors sucks. My sister had a nutjob neighbor in Huntington and moved to get away from him. Sold the house to a cop. Guess what cop lived there about 5 years and then moved too. And people do not move when they are the crazy ones. Next neighborhood over from me had two neighbors that didn't get along. One of the families moved two years ago (out of state). Guess what? No sooner did their moving trucks leave than the other family moved. People get so crazy they see moving as "losing".

Find out what the issues are. Bickering is one thing. But anything above that you do not want to get in the middle of.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes I have terrible psyco neighbors. Moving at the first opportunity.
Can you specify what do they do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island