Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 AM

7 posts, read 13,791 times

Advertisements

I have on our block a drug dealer. I have been reporting him with videos, photographs, license plates, photos of buyers since May 2010 to Nassau police, DEA, & FBI. In that time they have caught him with a controlled substance once, pot twice. It is frustrating trying to rid a place of someone who is selling drugs.

The advice I will give is it is a marathon not a sprint in trying to get him arrested. You have to stay at it. I have 2 death threats and 4 other threats so far. As I tell people if he did not come for me after the first threat, I do not expect him after the 7th or 8th either. That is how he has managed to survive this long is threats and lies.

It is also hard for the police to focus on one drug dealer when there are hundreds of middle class drug dealers out there on Long island.

-----------------------------------------------------------
We all moved or lived on Long island to get away from the pandemic of drugs from “The City.” We have all watched as slowly and not so slowly drugs have gained a foothold on Long island. We close our doors and try and hope the problem will stay away from our lives if only I keep my door shut. Increasingly drugs and the drug issues are part of even the very best areas on Long island. There is no where to move to avoid the pandemic. We may never be back in our idyllic 1950’s Long Island and the communities that all look out for each other often do not anymore. But that is why drug dealers get a hold in our community and we are unable to set ourselves free.

We can wait and hope somehow a drug issue will vanish, or we can be proactive and take action. You do not have to report your name, you can remain anonymous. “If You See Something Say Something.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,548,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmore-5 View Post
I have on our block a drug dealer. I have been reporting him with videos, photographs, license plates, photos of buyers since May 2010 to Nassau police, DEA, & FBI. In that time they have caught him with a controlled substance once, pot twice. It is frustrating trying to rid a place of someone who is selling drugs.

The advice I will give is it is a marathon not a sprint in trying to get him arrested. You have to stay at it. I have 2 death threats and 4 other threats so far. As I tell people if he did not come for me after the first threat, I do not expect him after the 7th or 8th either. That is how he has managed to survive this long is threats and lies.

It is also hard for the police to focus on one drug dealer when there are hundreds of middle class drug dealers out there on Long island.

-----------------------------------------------------------
We all moved or lived on Long island to get away from the pandemic of drugs from “The City.” We have all watched as slowly and not so slowly drugs have gained a foothold on Long island. We close our doors and try and hope the problem will stay away from our lives if only I keep my door shut. Increasingly drugs and the drug issues are part of even the very best areas on Long island. There is no where to move to avoid the pandemic. We may never be back in our idyllic 1950’s Long Island and the communities that all look out for each other often do not anymore. But that is why drug dealers get a hold in our community and we are unable to set ourselves free.

We can wait and hope somehow a drug issue will vanish, or we can be proactive and take action. You do not have to report your name, you can remain anonymous. “If You See Something Say Something.”

You will never get Long Island 1950's simply due to de-segregation...get over it

Old 09-02-2011, 01:23 PM

984 posts, read 2,714,525 times
Not sure if you've tried this but he's likely a renter. See if the landlord will evict him.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:52 AM

398 posts, read 838,522 times
Is the dealer an adult living in their own home or in their parents home? It could make a difference.

You mention videos and license plates, but what undisputed evidence is on those videos? Simply many cars pulling up to a house and lots of activity could be argued as simply a popular person.

Also if he was caught with pot, what was the amount and was there an intent to sell charge attached? Often if someone if taken in for such a small possesion/intent to sell crime they're offered the opportunity to be let go on the terms that they snitch/setup other dealers or even better the person above them that is their supplier.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,978,630 times
Are you even sure he is selling drugs? lol. everything sounds like speculation.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:42 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,059,870 times
What is the exact address, and when is this guy usually home?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,978,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
What is the exact address, and when is this guy usually home?
And what's his phone number.

For science, you know.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 AM

629 posts, read 1,702,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
You will never get Long Island 1950's simply due to de-segregation...get over it
DE-segregation?
New study ranks Long Island 7th most segregated among 50 major metro regions. « CBS New York

Old 09-08-2011, 09:59 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,115,697 times
People need to understand why Long Island has evolved into what it is today. People came out to Long Island to avoid the overcrowding, crime and poor quality of life in New York City ... racism was not necessarily part of the equation but there is an undeniable link between increased minority population and increased crime. People came here so that their kids could get a better education, live with a higher quality of life. These beliefs have been passed on down the generations. Again, it's not about race ... it's about their culture and beliefs. Groups arent bad because they are minorities or because they are poor or whatever, they are bad because their culture is messed up and many of these groups have no concept of personal responsibility and well being. White, Black, Hispanic, or Asian - no group is perfect.

Long Island is a country within a nation, complete with it's own history, culture, and way of life. Deal with it and move on. We are not New York City and we don't want to be like and look like New York City. Yes, racism is bad. Everyone is an individual human being. However as I said, this isent a racial issue ... it's a cultural issue.

Last edited by WIHS2006; 09-08-2011 at 10:12 AM..

Old 09-08-2011, 11:11 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,248,089 times
Does he give good counts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island