Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,833 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband and I are relocating from Illinois to Fort Campbell. I have read alot about the area In TN/KY and im quite confused where to start looking...im going to put it out there what im looking for and if anyone can help or has any suggestions, I would be grateful...you dont even know how much it would help me out....We want to rent a 2 bedroom house, condo, townhouse (no really an apartment) that would allow a dog. I have a well behave 3 year old lab and i want to be able to be away from traffic and have area for my dog to be outside and play. We also have a 9 year old that we have joint custody over but schooling isnt an issue. I want to be close enough to the base to be able to drive my husband to work and pick him up every day too. With gas prices the way they are, i dont want to be communiting 30 minutes there there and back twice a day either. I am nervous about all the crime thats been talked about in the area around the base so I dont have to be right outside the gates but just close but safe. Shopping, outside activities etc dont matter, ill drive for that. SO i guess i need help with an agent or someone who does rentals for housing. Im open on the price. I have read so many different ideas for places to live and I just want to hear what someone would tell me now that you have read my position. Please help my nerves. LOL thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 02:43 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,582,064 times
Is your husband military or contractor? My wife just retired from the AER office at Ft. Campbell. She said if you didn't want to drive as much as you said but didn't want to live close to the gate, good luck! The south side of Hopkinsville is about 20 minutes from base. She has a friend who lives in an apartment on the south side and loves it...except for the mess of the road construction. She also said good luck with the dog! lol If Hubby is military you need to go to the off post housing office. They will have a list of rental property, real estate agents with rental property and they will even have a list of housing that is off limits,

Old 06-07-2009, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,410 times
I am in off post housing in clarksville, tn through cherokee rentals and they seem to not take care of there houses and renters. I am trying to get out of my 12 month contract because there are quite a few issues with the house that I noticed after moving in and they have yet to show up and fix them or even come to look at them. One of the workers there live nearby and doesnt even come by themselves. Is there a way I can get out of this contract fairly easy and quick?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM

3 posts, read 8,874 times
Default Clarksville

From my experience here I would recommend that you stay away from the downtown areas around 41-a, madison, greenwood. These areas are high crime and also high traffic. Also try to stay away from 1st Choice Real Estate they are no better than slum lords, they do not maintain the properties they rent out and if something goes wrong you'll be on your own. I would also recommend that you stay away from the dog groomer beside Pet Palace (they are a branch off of pet palace), after asking them to just TRIM my S.Husky they shaved him completely bald and demanded that I pay eighty dollars for the hack job.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:39 PM

204 posts, read 877,654 times
If you reside off Tiny Town it is a quick drive into post. We live off Exit 11 and it takes me approximately 30 minutes (Interstate most of the way) to get to Fort Campbell. While there is crime in Clarksville like any other city of it's size I am either sheltered or don't believe it to be any worse that other city.

I would suggest sitting down with your Realtor, taking a look at some homes and then taking a tour of the city (not too long of a tour) and you can get a pretty good sense of the city. Also, you can contact the Clarksville Police Department and they will provide you with any information on hot areas in the city over the past year.

I welcome you to Clarksville and Fort Campbell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky