Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 02:49 AM

3 posts, read 11,936 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate your feedback. I live in Southern California (Inland Empire) looking to purchase property in Russellville, Ky to live. We like the area because it is so beautiful and green and the people are so nice.

We love the small, rural, picturesqueness of the area. Plus most deeds in the area have restrictions: no mobile homes, no junk, no pigs, no chickens.

We are vegans and worried about the hunting factor. We are looking at agricultural land. It appears that the properties marketed for hunting are wooded. So, the theory is if we purchase agricultural land then we won't see/hear hunters. Is this correct?

A family member is worried. We aren't the sterotypical hippies from Santa Cruz. But we are liberal, vegan, treehuggers. But again, the hunting is a factor. We don't want to be living on this beautiful land and hear shots knowing a beautiful deer has died in the name of sport.

Would appreciate any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 04:20 AM

407 posts, read 1,263,595 times
Just a question. If you hear a deer being shot on the hunting property next to you, how do you know the deer has been "shot for sport"? Many people are not vegans and hunt for their food as opposed to buying the "FDA approved meat" in the grocery stores. Just asking.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:58 AM

Thank You. I used the term "sport" because looking for property in upper Logan County it is advertised as such. We are looking at property on the outskirts of Russellville to Lewisburg.

I was hoping to get information from people who live there or know the area if my theory was valid.

Theory: Agricultural land is not used for hunting because hunters like wooded areas.

This is all new to me and I would appreciate any information.

Thank You.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
Personally, I don't think you will be all that suited to this area. This is a very conservative, religious, progun, hunting for sport area. Of course, no one will be hunting on your land but you cannot control what goes on next door. You will more than likely be offended on a daily basis, not intentionally, but just because culturally you won't really fit in.

Buying land cleared for agriculture will not mean there are not hunters nearby. The area is a mixture of wooded and cleared land. BTW, I live in Bowling Green which is about 25 miles away, but I have family and friends that live in the area and I have worked in this county and know the people and the land.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Thank you for your honesty. I really appreciate it. It is so beautiful. But you are right, we won't be happy.

Many Thanks.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 AM

3 posts, read 7,870 times
Hello my name is Kim and I have lived in Logan Co. Russellville ky. all my life. Many people do hurt during deer season in this county it holds records, so hunters come from long distances to hunt here. It is just a part of live here. I don't hunt and don't eat deer meat. The truth is the biggest problem you will have is the damage you recieve from hitting a deer in your truck. If you live here you are going to hear gun shots during deer season. Good idea to stay out of the woods during this time too. I have been around deer hunters all my life and I hate it as a sport but most local folks kill the deer to have meat for the families to eat. Only the leased land for hunting do they kill for sport. This sound of gun shots is only during gun season the rest of the year you don't hear that. Russellville is my home and it is the best place on God's earth to live. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Kim Harris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky