Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 08:05 AM

4 posts, read 7,677 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Florida to the Louisville area in July and need some information. I have kids and have been looking in Oldham county for homes and we have found a home we like in Lagrange, but in Henry County. Does anyone know how the schools are in Henry County? My husband works near downtown Louisville and we were looking in Oldham county because of the schools but have had a hard time finding a house. We are looking to rent for a year or two since we still have our Florida house.

My kids also take gymnastics and dance classes and I don't want to drive over 20-30 minutes to get them to class. Does anyone know of any studios near Lagrange?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 04:15 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethcfl View Post
I am moving from Florida to the Louisville area in July and need some information. I have kids and have been looking in Oldham county for homes and we have found a home we like in Lagrange, but in Henry County. Does anyone know how the schools are in Henry County? My husband works near downtown Louisville and we were looking in Oldham county because of the schools but have had a hard time finding a house. We are looking to rent for a year or two since we still have our Florida house.

My kids also take gymnastics and dance classes and I don't want to drive over 20-30 minutes to get them to class. Does anyone know of any studios near Lagrange?

Thanks!
Elizabeth, Henry County Schools are improving with each year, but they will never (at least in your children's school life-times) match the quality of Oldham County.

I cannot, nor can any poster on this forum talk very authoritatively without knowing more specifics to your situation.

As it is outside the TOSS rules of this forum, I cannot do more, but if you wish to Private Message me, I'll take a look at your situation from a more professional basis.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 4,011 times
Have you already moved or are you looking still for a home in oldham county? If so I know of a fantastic home that friends are selling.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 AM

161 posts, read 412,533 times
I realize this is an old thread, but as someone moving from Henry Co to Florida I thought I could add a few things. If the OP is still around, post and let us know where you landed........I have a nice home for sale in Henry Co LOL

Old 09-24-2011, 02:30 AM

44 posts, read 124,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeGirl78 View Post
I have a nice home for sale in Henry Co LOL
Love your status message. Well, it was funny to me, since I'm going through that.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:53 AM

161 posts, read 412,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informative View Post
Love your status message. Well, it was funny to me, since I'm going through that.
It's a crazy amount of work isn't it? LOL Leaving for Florida in 3 weeks and still have a house full of crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: