Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2017, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,666 times

Advertisements

I got a ticket for driving in the in-bound HOV lane solo on i 45 in the Woodlands just about to enter Houston, but I looked at the schedule, and it says the in-bound HOV lane hours are 5 am to 11 am, yet I got my ticket at approximately 2 pm, also on Labor Day. The ticket was for driving solo, not for driving in a closed lane (there was nothing to indicate it was closed). Not sure what these hours mean when the lanes aren't actually closed off hours...does it mean they are open for solo drivers off hours or closed altogether? The cop said nothing about the lane being closed.

[url=http://www.ridemetro.org/Pages/HOVandHOTLanes.aspx]HOV / HOT Lanes (Express Lanes) METRO[/url]

Is this worth hiring an attorney/fighting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 03:46 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,721 times
That does sound confusing -- good luck!

Old 09-04-2017, 04:09 PM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namharb616 View Post
I got a ticket for driving in the in-bound HOV lane solo on i 45 in the Woodlands just about to enter Houston, but I looked at the schedule, and it says the in-bound HOV lane hours are 5 am to 11 am, yet I got my ticket at approximately 2 pm, also on Labor Day. The ticket was for driving solo, not for driving in a closed lane (there was nothing to indicate it was closed). Not sure what these hours mean when the lanes aren't actually closed off hours...does it mean they are open for solo drivers off hours or closed altogether? The cop said nothing about the lane being closed.

HOV / HOT Lanes (Express Lanes) METRO

If you were in the far inside lane, North of FM1960, that is just marked as HOV, there's is no time when you can be in that lane by yourself. If you were in the actual HOV single lane in the middle that runs inbound in the morning and outbound in the afternoon, you have to pay a toll. to use it by yourself. Which one was it?

Old 09-04-2017, 06:16 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
There are only certain hours it's open. The gates to enter are closed when it is closed. When it is open, solo drivers are only allowed to use it only during certain times. They are called hot lanes. You can look on metros web site for that schedule.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:01 PM

341 posts, read 802,872 times
Quote:
I got a ticket for driving in the in-bound HOV lane solo on i 45 in the Woodlands just about to enter Houston,

On I-45N, from downton to Cypresswood exit, it is gated and solo driver could use it at a certain time with a fee. From Cypresswood to Conroe, it is ungated and is 2+ only (there are signs on the freeway). I'm surprised they enforce it now because they would catch a lot of HOV abusers.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:35 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,691,015 times
I thought tolls were waved during Harvey recovery? Or is that over?
With so many coming in to help with clean up and recovery, I'd think officers would be a bit more lenient.

I don't drive up in that area so I'd have no idea about HOV lane rules. Are you a native or visiting from out of town?

Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,453 times
Quote:

Sometimes you need to look carefully. Katy tollway says Mon-Fri 5Am-11 AM Mon-fri. I once used it on a weekend and got billed.

And I think HOV means 2+??

Old 09-05-2017, 09:21 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
Tolls were waived on some of the toll roads but they did not include the metro operated hov lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston