Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:21 PM

673 posts, read 484,258 times

Advertisements

Hi! I live in a row home and had my roof deck repaired and painted in November for 7k. It rained 2 days after it was painted and now the deck has water marks all over.

Roofer has been making excuses on fixing it. First told me that it was normal and would go away in a few weeks. Then told me he would come fix in the spring when weather was nicer. Then next excuse was he wanted to wait because I was having a leak fixed on my roof. He literally started yelling at me that he’s not fixing the paint until that issue is resolved because he doesn’t want to come back again.

Now the leak is fixed and he’s back to making more excuses. I am putting my house up for
Sale in the next week or so and need it done. He said maybe next Tuesday. I guarantee he won’t come. How do I approach this? My dad is a lawyer so offered to write a letter threatening him. I was thinking to call him tomorrow and butter him up. Maybe say I was going to write a good review for the other work he did but he is not holding up to his part of the deal? Any suggestions?

Old Today, 09:08 PM

10,337 posts, read 6,876,687 times
Post up pictures of the water marks, please.

Old Today, 09:32 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,095,067 times
We can't give legal advice on this website. If your father is a lawyer, seek his advice and help.

Thread closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House