Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:09 PM

192 posts, read 608,098 times

Advertisements

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 05:59 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,615,727 times
Try this thread:
Best Sushi in the Upstate

Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM

347 posts, read 981,491 times
In the past year the quality at Irashiai has gone down significantly. It's now a "B+" in my opinion. I've eaten sushi in at least 20 different restaurants, and Azia is in my top 3 favorites in the country. Their fish is soooooo fresh and the taste and texture just makes you want to melt right into your seat. Yum. It's expensive to eat meals there, but the sushi is about average for an upscale place, it won't break your bank if you stick to the sushi menu.
Again... yum! !

(And if you do go there, try the chocolate soufle for dessert OMG!)

Old 06-23-2009, 01:45 PM

288 posts, read 950,224 times
At the moment, I think Tsunami downtown is the best in Greenville. There are places that may have slightly better quality (Azia, Siam Oishi) but they are too pricey to be our regular sushi haunt. Tsunami is a good combination of value and quality. And its downtown location is nice. After dinner, you can wander over to get some ice cream or walk the Liberty Bridge, etc.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelcat View Post
At the moment, I think Tsunami downtown is the best in Greenville. There are places that may have slightly better quality (Azia, Siam Oishi) but they are too pricey to be our regular sushi haunt. Tsunami is a good combination of value and quality. And its downtown location is nice. After dinner, you can wander over to get some ice cream or walk the Liberty Bridge, etc.
mmm... ice cream

Old 06-23-2009, 01:57 PM

So Siam Oishi is good, then? I've seen coupons for it, but I didn't know if it was a dive or a nice place.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:37 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,615,727 times
Siam Oishi is certainly no dive - elegant/modern on the inside, attentive service, and very good food/sushi (at least when I ate there last year) - however, recent reviews on the web have been somewhat mixed - it has 2 locations in FL and one here in Greenville: Siam Oishi Restaurant And Bar

It's on Miller Road off Woodruff: siam oishi greenville sc - Google Maps

Old 06-23-2009, 03:15 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,877,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Siam Oishi is certainly no dive - elegant/modern on the inside, attentive service, and very good food/sushi (at least when I ate there last year) - however, recent reviews on the web have been somewhat mixed - it has 2 locations in FL and one here in Greenville: Siam Oishi Restaurant And Bar

It's on Miller Road off Woodruff: siam oishi greenville sc - Google Maps
Siam Oishi is a favorite. Aside from excellent Sushi, they are one of the few Asian places I've found that serves sparkling saki. Yummmm.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:46 PM

234 posts, read 1,271,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleEllyn View Post
So Siam Oishi is good, then? I've seen coupons for it, but I didn't know if it was a dive or a nice place.

Michelle - where did you find the coupons.?

Siam Oishi is one of our favorite places, tho a little spendy, but worth it.

Definitely give it a try, especially if you have a coupon.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Michelle - where did you find the coupons.?

Siam Oishi is one of our favorite places, tho a little spendy, but worth it.

Definitely give it a try, especially if you have a coupon.
Gift Certificates | Gift Certificate Deals| Gift Certificates Online - Half Off Deals

They also have a discount for Azia, which I just ordered a couple of days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area