Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 05:42 AM

12,780 posts, read 15,001,003 times

Advertisements

I'm doing it ONLINE. I don't want to be out in that madness.

- At least a 42" TV if I needed one, but I don't at this time

- Black (leather) knee-high boots...mine have gotten too uncomfortable

- Streamlined, non-chunky black sweater

- New York & Company is having a fabulous sale, so I'll probably get at least a few things

- Statement, yet simple necklace and earring set

- Silver leather bag & shoes if I can find the right ones

That's all I can think of right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 10:35 AM

195 posts, read 131,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm doing it ONLINE. I don't want to be out in that madness.

- At least a 42" TV if I needed one, but I don't at this time

- Black (leather) knee-high boots...mine have gotten too uncomfortable

- Streamlined, non-chunky black sweater

- New York & Company is having a fabulous sale, so I'll probably get at least a few things

- Statement, yet simple necklace and earring set

- Silver leather bag & shoes if I can find the right ones

That's all I can think of right now.
I'm in the mood for a new handbag --preferably a coach bag.

Also, I'm interested in dark riding boots.

Both items will run around $400.00.

I buy a lot of clothes throughout the year. If anything, I need to donate a lot of the stuff that I don't wear, not buy more.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:04 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,079,443 times
I could use some bras/underwear so maybe that

Old 11-19-2018, 03:46 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
I'll be traveling so probably nothing HOWEVER I am that person that Instagram ads were created for. Saks or Neiman Marcus will pop up and I'll buy.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:13 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,187,841 times
Online shopping only. We're buying the family a Nintendo Switch that comes with Mario Kart, and hubby is buying a Grilla Silverback grill. That is all.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:22 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
I'm trying to decide between a Dyson or a Shark cordless floor stick vacuum with the special soft head for wooden floors. Either will be bought online, since I got a new heart stent today and I am not going to go out into the mall madness on Friday (not that I would anyway). I absolutely hate that you cannot even do regular shopping because so many people are out trying to get "Black Friday" deals. It's Amazon for me!

Old 11-20-2018, 10:03 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,602 times
One of my relatives will be standing out in the freezing cold for hours, in order to buy her family a years worth of Nike socks at a steeply discounted price.

Better her than me though. I don't have any desire to be elbowed in the boobs over socks of all things.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:21 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
You could also refuse to drink the Koolaid, refuse to be sucked into the frenzy, refuse to DESIRE non-vital stuff sellers are dangling in front of your nose. This whole thing is a constructed competition blown out of proportion by desperate commerce.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:47 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
you all who go crazy and buy something at say 60 % off know that the stores raise the price 60% so they are not losing any money right ? or has no one in this commercial mess figured that out yet ? I will not buy into the craziness of commercial competition . No sir no how no way . I got stuck in traffic one year on black Friday at the mall and I made a promise to God that if he could get me out of the mall parking lot alive then I would never do black Friday again . That was 25 yrs ago and I have kept my promise and will continue to do so .

Old 11-21-2018, 04:09 PM

12,780 posts, read 15,001,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
you all who go crazy and buy something at say 60 % off know that the stores raise the price 60% so they are not losing any money right ? or has no one in this commercial mess figured that out yet ? I will not buy into the craziness of commercial competition . No sir no how no way . I got stuck in traffic one year on black Friday at the mall and I made a promise to God that if he could get me out of the mall parking lot alive then I would never do black Friday again . That was 25 yrs ago and I have kept my promise and will continue to do so .
Well I don't know what other people here know, but I'm a pretty big shopper at some select stores & I know how much what I buy sells for normally, so I know right away if it's actually a good deal or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty