Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 01:03 AM

4 posts, read 29,530 times

Advertisements

I recently rescued a brindle pit from a shelter. We know very little about her except that she is approximately a year and a half and she is the sweetest thing ever. We would like to know what bloodline she is from, but we know very little about pit bloodlines. Any help would be appreciated!

Here are her pics:

Old 06-05-2008, 01:10 AM

335 posts, read 1,030,071 times
I am no sure but she is adorable, I myself have a blue.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:35 AM

36,791 posts, read 31,072,414 times
I dont know anything about the bloodlines, but she is a cutie. I love the brindles. Kudos to you for rescuing a pit. I have 2 that are rescues.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 AM

17 posts, read 216,817 times
Hi. It is impossible to just look at your dog and know the bloodline. All of the bloodlines CAN throw a brindle. She looks really good tho. I like her build. Is her tail thick or skinny? Is she Dog Aggressive? PLEASE never let her run loose. Walk her on a leash and NEVER trust her not to fight another dog. Take care of her and dont take her to dog parks and such. It is asking for trouble and she only needs you. Some dogs are a little easier to pin a bloodline on but not usually. If she was all BLACK I would suggest Moderator cut: edit like mine since most of them are black. I can usually pick out a Moderator cut: edit as well since I am into that one too. Usually the enthusiasts of a particular bloodline can do pretty good. Any ways she is a real beauty.

I removed the named bloodlines....everyone please remember, we don't discuss bloodlines on the DOGS forum. Thanks.

Please see here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...-pls-read.html

Last edited by riveree; 06-05-2008 at 11:50 PM..

Old 06-05-2008, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the compliments everyone! She is really cute, huh??

I've done rescue for years and picked up a little pit when I was younger. She, unfortunately, was a great people dog, but was dog aggressive, so she had to be separated from the pack. Back then pits weren't as popular as now and I just knew she was a pit. Now, when we take Dixie (the new one) out everyone wants to know what bloodline she is--someone told me Moderator cut: edit. I just wish I didn't have to say "I don't know anything about her--she's a shelter dog that was starved and likely a bait dog". Moderator cut: edit

Pit_crew-- I appreciate your concern for her safety (I think more ppl need to be told how to responsibly take care of a pit!!!) We've had her for 6 mos and she immediately became a member of the pack (with our 4 other dogs). She is doing very well and has never shown dog aggression (or aggression with food, toys, etc). She is so passive that my basset hound snapped at her and she ran to her kennel crying

Last edited by riveree; 06-05-2008 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: removed blood line names....see mod note in above post

Old 06-05-2008, 02:40 PM

Pit_crew--her tail is skinny and long

Old 06-05-2008, 03:12 PM

1,188 posts, read 5,542,630 times
I'm going to echo everyone else here...she's a beautiful dog! KUDOS for adopting from the shelter!!!!!!! Sounds like she has a great home and one that is not new to dog behaviors! Just continue to educate those folks on the street that you meet through her!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 AM

153 posts, read 480,767 times
She looks like a staffie... we had several growing up

Old 06-06-2008, 09:12 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,514,629 times
Closing this thread.

Folks, there's a good reason we don't discuss bloodlines on this dog forum. In the past, it attracted the wrong kind of people to our forum and some members were using bloodlines as veiled advertising for their dogs that they had for sale. Some of these bloodline names "sprinkled" throughout the forum were from dog-fighting stock and the next thing we knew we had people looking for fighting dogs coming to our forum - an illegal activity, and we don't discuss illegal activities as per the Terms of Service.

If you're ever unsure of why a moderator has taken an action, just ask the moderator - don't publicly attack them. You moderators are volunteers giving of their personal time because they believe in the forum and want it to run smoothly for everyone.

Thank you,
Riveree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs