Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,125 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Ohio in the next few months. We have a young daughter and are very concerned about choosing the right area that will provide the following:

1) easy commute to Rickenbacker AFB
2) strong school district
3) safe living conditions

We want a single family home, not an apt or townhome. Other than that, we're not too picky at this point!

I am not very familiar with the area, we're relocating from Pennsylvania. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 5,071 times
Default Rickenbacker

Hi. I was just checking on Space A info and saw your posting. I am ex-Navy and relocated from Pitt,Pa. in 03 to Columbus, Oh.

Let me know if we can help. We came here clueless and had to move twice due to bad information. Lots of housing opportunities here due to depressed market. We have 2 daughters.

[EMAIL="Greg-reymarian@netscape.net"]Greg or Mary. reymarian@netscape.net[/EMAIL]

Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM

310 posts, read 1,209,312 times
Default Rickenbacker area

Here are a couple of websites that may help you with school information.

GreatSchools.net

Schooldigger.com -- Search and compare elementary, middle, and high schools.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,125 times
We live in Obetz in a nice subdivision right down the road from Richenbacher and have a house for rent. My husband is a Marine and we need to relocate by Sept 9th. We will have everything moved out of our house by Aug 15th. You can email me if you are still looking at mdash17@gmail.com

Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 PM

33 posts, read 172,198 times
A lot of the area in Obetz as well as the surrounding areas such as Hamilton Meadows, Southern Pines along with Reese might have been ok 10-15 years ago, but it is mainly lower income families, a lot of section 8 housing as well. Not to mention the HUGE amounts of growth in the area, it is almost so bad now that some parts of Obetz and Groveport are almost one.

The lots are pretty small, and the houses are cramped in wherever they can find an open field to buy.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:30 PM

18 posts, read 96,419 times
Hamilton Township/Obetz is not a bad area. We live in a nice Subdivision in the Hamilton School District. Please take what some people say with a grain of salt. We live a comfortable life with a nice house and feel very safe. I would avoid the townhouses/area around Rickenbacker. Look into Hamilton Meadows/Hamilton Lakes North and South and Hamilton Highlands. There are good people that live in this community and a lot of elderly. What makes the area bad is the places around Rickenbacker. When you get past those areas it is a nice community. It is just not Dublin/Westerville HTH There are several homes for rent check out Craigslist, Make sure it says Hamilton Township Schools.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,852 times
c130claire - I just found your post. Have you found a home for your family yet? I have a nice home in Groveport that I am putting on the market in about 2-3 weeks. It's in a very nice quiet neighborhood, built in 2001. If you want more info, let me know. Good luck!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 AM

5 posts, read 19,473 times
c130claire -

Welcome to the Columbus Area. I would suggest looking into Baltimore, Ohio as a nice, safe place to live. We have a home there (built on 2000 with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 acres, a pool and playset). It is located in the country just outside of town a few minutes away from shopping and resturants.

The town is a great, small town with friendly people. We are selling/renting our home so if you are interested let me know. If not, I still suggest checking out Baltimore especially the part outside of town. The country setting is beautiful and peaceful.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:31 PM

22 posts, read 88,323 times
Default Areas near Rickenbacker

You may consider Pickerington or Canal Winchester which are both in close proximity to Rickenbacker and have excellent schools. I assisted a family last year who was relocating. The husband is a pilot in the guard and was stationed at Rickenbacker. After much searching, they ended up building a home in Pickerington and are extremely pleased.

Both of these communities are nicely developed with shops, dining, good schools and easy commuting to Columbus.

Visit the neighborhood section of my website to read about these areas:
www.brittanysimonelli.revealty.com

If you would like to discuss your situation more in depth and recieve a list of inventory in these areas, I would be happy to assist.

Best of luck with your relocation,

Brittany Simonelli, Buyer Agent
Revealty
Buy. Sell. Understand.
614.940.3067 Phone
614.623.1303 Fax
bsimonelli@revealty.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus