Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 PM

11 posts, read 43,250 times

Advertisements

Help...My husband is considering taking a job in Colorado... can someone tell me of the best place for small town Mississippians to move and fit in...We have 3 kids and a dog that of course will travel with us.He is a welder an I an a noncertified educator/youth counselor...we want to know best place with lost of stuff for the kids to do any commentary and self experience will be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 01:58 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Where would his job be?

Price range for a house? Rental budget if renting?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 PM

5 posts, read 13,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbiggz View Post
Help...My husband is considering taking a job in Colorado... can someone tell me of the best place for small town Mississippians to move and fit in...We have 3 kids and a dog that of course will travel with us.He is a welder an I an a noncertified educator/youth counselor...we want to know best place with lost of stuff for the kids to do any commentary and self experience will be helpful
Look into Manitou Springs. It is a beautiful small town! I live in Texas, but I also would LOVE to move to Colorado. You will fall in love with this town, I promise!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 PM

7 posts, read 32,125 times
Manitou is very pretty, but kinda pricy... right outside of CO springs. My husband is a pipefitter for a local 208 out of Denver, highly recommend it! They treat him good. I would recommend Fort Collins, Windsor, Loveland, Greeley area, Northern Colorado. All smaller towns, very pretty, reasonably priced-especially right now..And they have it all, lots of shopping, lots of yearly events for the fam., colleges, dining galore, theaters..you name it. Its not crazy busy here, like Denver or CO Springs. And the school districts seem to always be lookin.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:13 PM

11 posts, read 43,250 times
Thanks to you all for the help. I will let you know where we end up.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 PM

3 posts, read 7,110 times
We are also looking at Colorado, but we are moving from the UK. The life style looks fantastic. i work as a construction manager with a carpentry back ground and we have 2 kids and the dog as well. We are looking for a good safe area not to far from the mountains, any help would be great .

Old 01-19-2008, 05:53 PM

8 posts, read 22,004 times
Default Re: Consider Grand Junction

Grand Junction is very pretty and has not been affected by the housing shortage. Contact me for more info. Bosco

Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Many thanks Bosco, had a quick look seems nice will have a better look and try to find some construction companies local but i dont mind traveling a bit either.
The main thing for us is getting a better life for us and the kids, it is so expensive here
and the crime is getting very high, time to take the plunge .

Old 01-20-2008, 05:10 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,796,550 times
Somebody moving from London will be sadly disappointed by Colorado wages, lack of vacation time (they take several months a year), and the pollution in the valleys will make your eyes burn when the cold air settles in for the winter. There is a serious meth problem that is made worse by the energy boom, and the Californians moving in have brought their crime and gangster children with them.

Any women wanting to move to Colorado from someplace humid should also know that the desert air in Colorado causes you to get wrinkles at a much younger (early 20s) age than other parts of the world.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-21-2008 at 03:29 PM..

Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 PM

Sounds great, we are on our way.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado