Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 AM

21 posts, read 65,755 times

Advertisements

On The Same Subject as Yesterday as Far As Moving to CS....Are There Any Good Weekly Rentals (Motels,Kitchenettes)? I saw a couple in the Gazette...but i went by them and they looked in kind of a ratty area. Would be a good alternative for starters since the finances just might work out for a move within the next month or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM

421 posts, read 1,338,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiesdaddy View Post
On The Same Subject as Yesterday as Far As Moving to CS....Are There Any Good Weekly Rentals (Motels,Kitchenettes)? I saw a couple in the Gazette...but i went by them and they looked in kind of a ratty area. Would be a good alternative for starters since the finances just might work out for a move within the next month or so.
Most of the "weeklys" here are in a horrible part of town and tend to cater to prostitutes, etc.
I would try Extended Stay, etc. They are hotels so the price may higher but at least you'd be safer.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:41 PM

38 posts, read 151,259 times
I was just down in the springs last week to help my son get settled for school. He was staying in the extended stay off of fountain blvd. Depends on what part of town you want to live in. There is also a very large apartment complex off murray and fountain. reasonable rates.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 AM
MGS

72 posts, read 210,866 times
Try bidding on Priceline. We have visited our son in COS on 3 occasions over the past 2 years - staying for a week at a time. We bid $35 per night and the Extended Stay America - right off Academy (Corporate Dr., I believe) has accepted the bid each time. It's a nice area...we feel welcome and safe staying there and it's convenient to almost everything.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 AM
MGS

72 posts, read 210,866 times
Forgot to mention that each unit has a refrig., stove top, kitchenette.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 PM

252 posts, read 926,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiechicken View Post
I was just down in the springs last week to help my son get settled for school. He was staying in the extended stay off of fountain blvd. Depends on what part of town you want to live in. There is also a very large apartment complex off murray and fountain. reasonable rates.

Fountain & Murray is one of those "SE" neighborhoods you DO NOT want to live in.
If anyone has read any of my threads, I'm always defending the SE from others bashing the SE side of town, but that is one neighborhood you don't want to live in.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,132,269 times
Unfortunately everyone here is correct. Most of the weekly rentals are horrible. Find a hotel with a kitchenette on the north side or next to the airport, preferably the northern end. Our hotels don't offer a lot of variety and so many aren't that great. Stay on the northern end. Another thought is checking into units in Manitou, they might have decent rates for a week...due to the tourism they might offer more variety. Let us all know what you find.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:48 PM

447 posts, read 1,045,769 times
Any updates on weekly rentals? I'm looking for something in a couple of weeks. I also need a pet friendly place.

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:03 PM

447 posts, read 1,045,769 times
Does anyone have any info on the Spruce Lodge, 2724 N. Nevada, 80907?
Spruce Lodge Motel, lodging in Colorado Springs, Motel in Colorado Springs

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 AM

648 posts, read 2,943,057 times
What about an extend a stay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs