Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 7,919 times

Advertisements

I'm a 22 year old that recently relocated to Naperville from Wisconsin for a new job. I'm a very outgoing, up-beat individual but still can't seem to meet people outside of work. I typically make friends very easily but just haven't been able to do so here. I just want to make a few friends to be able to grab a few drinks with on the weekends or just see a movie. Any suggestions on how/ where to meet people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 01:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Why not join the Naperville Jaycees? It's a good way to get involved in your community and meet people in the process. The Last Fling (a big fundraising carnival held over Labor Day weekend) is coming up and I'm sure they can use another pair of hands. I've met lots of friendly people there, and I think having a purpose other than meeting friends or dates helps make it easier to do so, if that makes any sense. Less pressure, maybe? And if you don't hit it off with anybody, at least you are busy and doing something helpful.

www.naperjaycees.org

Old 08-24-2009, 01:44 PM

324 posts, read 882,969 times
North Central college has a lot of events -- or try the park district, tons of stuff there -- or try meetup.com!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 14,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debecka View Post
I'm a 22 year old that recently relocated to Naperville from Wisconsin for a new job. I'm a very outgoing, up-beat individual but still can't seem to meet people outside of work. I typically make friends very easily but just haven't been able to do so here. I just want to make a few friends to be able to grab a few drinks with on the weekends or just see a movie. Any suggestions on how/ where to meet people?
I've grown up in Naperville for the majority of my life, so I can understand the difficulty of finding people to hang out with. I would suggest looking into Meetup groups for the area in a hobby or other interest that you care about. Church youth groups are also an option if you are a religious type.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM

809 posts, read 2,883,759 times
The most popular places in downtown Naperville are Rizzos, Features, Bar Louie and Two Nine. If you don't seem to like the crowd in that area then hit up my town, Saint Charles, the popular places in STC are The Filling Station, The Yard, Pub 222, Alley 64 ("The Alley" is its nickname) and the Beehive!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 PM

137 posts, read 549,414 times
Your age group tends to hang out at Jimmy's, Rizzo's and Potter's, Quigley's to name a few. Bar Louie and Jimmy's are usually good hang outs any time there's a sporting event.

But as suggested by previous posters getting involved in your community builds the strongest bonds with people. TONS of clubs and organizations to get involved in Naperville. Let us know your interests and we can provide some suggestions.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:12 AM

116 posts, read 364,723 times
Yeah bro, our age group hangs out around downtown naperville on weekends, I'm always at Lantern and Features whenever I come out to naperville....but then again going there alone would not be very fun, everyone has their cliques...Just join a group or something that you are interested in, I'm in a bunch of automobile/car clubs around the chicago area.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,008 times
I just moved to lisle im 19 and I'm trying to meet some friends around here but I dont know where to go can anyone help me out

Old 01-20-2019, 06:52 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwolf7 View Post
I just moved to lisle im 19 and I'm trying to meet some friends around here but I dont know where to go can anyone help me out
At 19, I'd look at joining a church or synagogue. I'd also look at Meetup or that famous now old-school social media website. Just look for upcoming events throughout Chicagoland to find a community. You are a little young, and I don't know your values. I will say that you can find some neat people at music festivals, concerts, and nightclubs in the city. You'll need to be 21 to get to the good stuff. Good luck!

Old 01-20-2019, 10:44 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
Meet up, Park District programs, sports leagues, workout gyms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: