Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 09:44 AM

80 posts, read 496,834 times

Advertisements

We will be traveling through Charleston from 12/21 to 12/23 with two children age 7 and 11. We are looking to stay in a very nice hotel with an indoor pool and easy access in the historic area. It seems that parking is a problem in most of the hotels in the historic area. Help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 03:52 PM

190 posts, read 740,373 times
You could try The Charleston Place Charleston SC Hotel: Charleston Place Hotel, the finest hotel accommodation in Charleston

It's in the heart of downtown and has an indoor pool. I thought the rooms were OK, I wasn't super impressed considering the money we paid, but it is convenient if you want to walk everywhere.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:49 AM

330 posts, read 1,193,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
You could try The Charleston Place Charleston SC Hotel: Charleston Place Hotel, the finest hotel accommodation in Charleston

It's in the heart of downtown and has an indoor pool. I thought the rooms were OK, I wasn't super impressed considering the money we paid, but it is convenient if you want to walk everywhere.
Snapdragon, did you stay on one of the Club floors? Although the hotel is pretty expensive, the private Club floors and all the extras they offer ( the private access, concierge and complimentary gourmet food and beverages) make it worth the expense, at least in our opinion.

Our family enjoyed our stay there so much that we visit the hotel for special occasions (my daughter pleaded to stay there for her 13th birthday), even though we live only 30 minutes away from Charleston!

Carolyn11, you may find it helpful with your children, especially since they lay out breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and evening desserts in the lounge area on the Club floors, all complimentary for you. We ate so well that we didn't have to leave the hotel for breakfast, lunch or snacks after swimming in the pool. And the food was wonderful.

Last edited by imperieux; 12-08-2007 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: Adding information

Old 12-09-2007, 12:17 PM

190 posts, read 740,373 times
We didn't stay on a club floor. Those extras do sound nice.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:18 PM

899 posts, read 3,482,749 times
Imperieux is correct,
always check the club level rates & see what they include.

The Sanctuary on Kiawah has the same set up. Great for the kids, but too far from downtown.

I'd go with Charleston Place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area