Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > LookinForMayberry
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

From the Inside, Looking Out

Quote:
    Originally Posted by startingalloveragain View Comment
    I typed in "middle aged woman" and found your entry about surprising yourself when you accidently catch a glance and realize you are no longer young. I am dealing with this on a 24-hour basis. You see, I was once somewhat attractive. Now I am plain. Its difficult. It would be easier if I had some other identity: Mother, wife, best friend, etc. Unfortunately, I am not able to affix any of those labels on myself. I really am struggling!! Good luck to you. It sounds like you are dealing with aging much better than I!!
    Dear Starting, I am only just now reading this. I hope you are not still struggling. Think of life like a river. If you relax, steer clear of the rocks, keeping in the deep water of the center, you will have a good ride.

And avoid labeling yourself or others. We are all so much more than our labels. Live outside the boxes, feel grateful for every breath, see that all things are beautiful when viewed with the right eyes.

Be well.
    Posted 07-24-2022 at 01:53 PM by LookinForMayberry LookinForMayberry is offline
  2. Old Comment

The JoAnn's Gift Card

As I read this post, wipe my tears and blow my nose, I feel the squeezing pain of your heart. I lost my Dad August '08 and a day doesn't go by that I don't think of him.
    People keep saying "it gets better with time" but that's bunk! It only takes something like a gift card to bring all the pain back to anew.....
    My thoughts are with you....
  3. Old Comment

Requiem for a Robin

So beautifully put, with a sensitivity to other forms of life.
  4. Old Comment

All my life's fussing and fighting, and here I am.

Hey, there! Been missing you. Welcome back.
  5. Old Comment

All my life's fussing and fighting, and here I am.

Would that I had known all along that the key was to just be still and allow things to come to me
    For years I counselled a young man, who was always in such a hurry, that life could not catch up with him. Many times I would say, slow down, let life catch up with you but he just couldn't.
    I have not always waited on life either. Good blog!
  6. Old Comment
  7. Old Comment

If you just smile

Great song lyrics, and great wisdom in your words.
  8. Old Comment

Saturday's Menu

That is mouth-wateringly delicious.
  9. Old Comment

You're Not the Boss of ME!

When I stir my better half up, she always says I make her get a headache. I tell her I am not a superhero. I don't have that kind of power. That doesn't help.

Lee
  10. Old Comment

If it is Okay for One...

I learned many years ago that "Discretion is the better part of valor." I simply listen, nod my head occasionally, and smile. They never guess what I am thinking.

124c41 Lee
  11. Old Comment

In Memory of Ritzie

I saw your note in the Something thread about your blog so clicked over. Then I sat blinking and rubbing my forehead thinking you must be talking about a dog you lost some time ago but I knew the name Ritzie and kept reading. Such a sad loss, LFM, and I know how you and your DH are grieving.

If Ritzie is truly gone and not found by someone, I also hope her passing was quick and painless. I looked through her album twice and cried. So beautiful and enchanting.

Words don't help but it fills seconds among the sorrow.

I'm so sorry. Hugs, hugs, hugs.
  12. Old Comment

In Memory of Ritzie

I am so sorry, LFM. Thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of need.
  13. Old Comment

If it is Okay for One...

You are not alone but it is tough maneuvering between all the feelings and illusions of those around you.
    I've served as the chair of many committees and it's rare that you can go for long without disagreement and sometimes even hostilities.
    I was picked because others thought that I could bring about understanding and common purpose. I became quite good at it but it wore me out, drained my soul.
  14. Old Comment

From the Inside, Looking Out

I typed in "middle aged woman" and found your entry about surprising yourself when you accidently catch a glance and realize you are no longer young. I am dealing with this on a 24-hour basis. You see, I was once somewhat attractive. Now I am plain. Its difficult. It would be easier if I had some other identity: Mother, wife, best friend, etc. Unfortunately, I am not able to affix any of those labels on myself. I really am struggling!! Good luck to you. It sounds like you are dealing with aging much better than I!!
    Posted 05-22-2013 at 09:52 AM by startingalloveragain startingalloveragain is offline
  15. Old Comment

Back Together, Again

Isnt it funny, how opposites atract?...

Slow and fast... Type A and Type B....

It makes everything fresh for one, and exciting for the other when they come together in harmony, but, when they cant agree, then there is tension in the air so thick, you can cut it with a knife.

I hope you give him some slack to do what he needs to do, and coast along with him when its to your benefiet.
    He needs space, and you need time to react to his flights of fancy and spontaneous actions. Since he has a 'buddy', let him take him and go and teach him what he needs to learn.
    Give him room, and watch his buddy thrive with the experiences that he will gain, from the drive he instills in him.
    Stifle him, and both will wilt and slowly decay in the process of growing together.

I wish you all well...

Jesse
    Posted 05-01-2013 at 01:09 PM by woodworkingmenace woodworkingmenace is offline
  16. Old Comment

Saturday's Menu

Man, those selections sound really good!
  17. Old Comment

If you just smile

I'm smiling.

Have a great weekend!
  18. Old Comment

If you just smile

Hi,

I am great fan of your Blog,i am regularly follow your post, every time you give me very useful information that's help me lot, i think you are right.
    Updated 04-12-2013 at 05:13 PM by LookinForMayberry (Removed Advertising)
  19. Old Comment

Free, Free, Free!

Sounds like it will not be a financial hardship so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
  20. Old Comment

Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013

It was hard to choose what to include in this month's block, and with our nicer weather there were more demands on my time. I am not sure whether I am going to be able to keep up with this project much longer. It's harder now that I am working.
    Posted 03-31-2013 at 08:54 PM by LookinForMayberry LookinForMayberry is offline