Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2024, 11:04 PM

1,181 posts, read 490,386 times

Advertisements

Scouts say hes too tall, too slow. If this is 30 years ago he will be the unanimous #1 pick. Victor is taller, but he is much skinnier so he can somewhat stay in front of smaller players in a switch.

Zach is 300 pounds, that will work against him. I somehow see that if he loses weight and gets to a very low bodyfat, he can be a good player and stay in front of fast players. He could be a steal of the draft if he gets lighter, and gets drafted in the second round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM

7,154 posts, read 11,441,242 times
Boban version 2.0. There are some games when he will be able to play and likely will gobble up boards and get some hoops. Other games he won't see the court because he can't match up.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

7,534 posts, read 4,776,559 times
Whoever gets him must design plays around him. He is a weapon but a weapon can be deadly or nothing at all depending on the user, in this case the coach.

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

1,181 posts, read 490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Boban version 2.0. There are some games when he will be able to play and likely will gobble up boards and get some hoops. Other games he won't see the court because he can't match up.
Boban is 10 pounds lighter, but from pictures it looks like he isuch skinner, se height. Probably boban has more muscle weight, or someone is lying about theor weight.

Even rudy gobert is being spun like a top by luka. I can imagine edey will get spun like that to just some average 6'6 shooting guard.

B/R mock draft puts him at #19, some others put him in the second round. It will be really funny if zach averages 25 and 15 in his prime, but on defense teams will keep on force switching so zach ends up with a fast player, and gets spun like a top every play. Its like he scores 25 a game, but gives up 35, but those rebounds hes getting will cancel out everything.

Old Today, 04:13 PM

7,534 posts, read 4,776,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post

B/R mock draft puts him at #19, some others put him in the second round. It will be really funny if zach averages 25 and 15 in his prime, but on defense teams will keep on force switching so zach ends up with a fast player, and gets spun like a top every play. Its like he scores 25 a game, but gives up 35, but those rebounds hes getting will cancel out everything.
I would play semi-zone and zone on defense. The goal is to keep Edey around the paint.

Old Today, 06:47 PM

3,905 posts, read 4,491,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Boban is 10 pounds lighter, but from pictures it looks like he isuch skinner, se height. Probably boban has more muscle weight, or someone is lying about theor weight.

Even rudy gobert is being spun like a top by luka. I can imagine edey will get spun like that to just some average 6'6 shooting guard.

I'm not too concerned about his defense. He was never going to be the second coming of Bill Russell no matter what he did. Just doesnt have the tools to do it. Besides, Rudy Gobert a multiple time DPOY was getting abused left and right so you cant expect anything more from Edey. It's going to be on the coaches to design a defensive strategy that minimizes his exposure.

Offense is how he's going to earn his keep in the NBA. I would say he needs to double down on that. Keep improving and expanding his skillset. Definitely needs to get leaner and stronger to handle the beating he's going to take from grown men in the league. Unlike many here, I dont think he should go and start shooting 3s. Frankly I think too many players fall in love with that shot and it ruins their game when it's not falling. If Giannis could be All NBA 5 years straight without a reliable outside jumper, then I dont see why Edey cant do the same, but he HAS to be dominant on the inside to compensate.

With all the changes to the NBA, one thing remains constant; you cant teach height and size, he's got both. He's a decent rebounder and can score in the paint. Maybe I'm just an oldhead at this point, but I would love to see the comeback of the center who can actually play inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball