Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2023, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,748 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and I are currently living in Texas and it was a challenge to find work. I am hopeful my new job will be in San Antonio and his job is in Victoria. We would like to live between the two cities and we both enjoy driving..any recommendations would be truly appreciated.

FYI looking for a safe quite area kids are grown so no longer having to worry about the school districts and our idea of a social life is relaxing at home cooking and watching a movie with an occasional night out on the town just to feel like we aren’t missing anything lol.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2023, 08:12 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunners4life View Post
Hi,
My husband and I are currently living in Texas and it was a challenge to find work. I am hopeful my new job will be in San Antonio and his job is in Victoria. We would like to live between the two cities and we both enjoy driving..any recommendations would be truly appreciated.

FYI looking for a safe quite area kids are grown so no longer having to worry about the school districts and our idea of a social life is relaxing at home cooking and watching a movie with an occasional night out on the town just to feel like we aren’t missing anything lol.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Cuero is about the largest (8,000+) town more or less halfway between the two cities.
Plus it depends on where your San Antonio workplace is located.

Old 10-15-2023, 09:16 AM

11,782 posts, read 7,995,430 times
I know you said you both enjoy driving. I also enjoy driving but that would be a rough 5 day commute, not to mention fuel expenses will be high and you will always be racing the amount of wear and tear on your car. Personally I would seek to settle in San Antonio and see if the Husband can find a job there. Regardless of what you choose however, good luck.

Old 10-15-2023, 10:36 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,690,768 times
Might want to post in the main Texas forum and not the Austin forum as Victoria is closer to corpus and Austin and San Antonio are completely different metros. If those are the two areas you all will be working in, even if you enjoy driving, Austin is way too far out to make sense. (I’d hope that if you are “living in Texas” now you’d understand the absolute humongous size of the state and actual miles between Victoria, San Antonio, and Austin). And seconding the “where in San Antonio” is the job because southeast versus northwest is a very different world.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,748 times
Thank you so much for the suggestion! Yes, still learning how to maneuver through TX as it is quite large.

We have only been here a few months but love it and here to stay.

Old 10-17-2023, 07:01 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,690,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunners4life View Post
Thank you so much for the suggestion! Yes, still learning how to maneuver through TX as it is quite large.

We have only been here a few months but love it and here to stay.
Post here instead: https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin