Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 04:19 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times

Advertisements

If Sarah Palin were on top of the ticket this wouldnt be an issue but John McCain is on the top of the ticket. Could too much of a good thing for the republicans actually hurt them? yes. The problem is that the more people talk about Sarah Palin and the less they talk about John McCain, it makes John McCain looks less presidential. You dont want your running mate more popular or out shining you. Also there is more focus on the personality and gender of Sarah Palin than the specifics on fixing the economy. The issue for the vast majority of Americans is the economy. Another thing is that most polls show that Sarah Palin actually made many women less likely to vote for her and im specifically talking about Hillary Clinton supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 04:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
If you haven't noticed, they are talking about Palin, not Obama, too! The more attention you put on her, the less on Obama. Keep it up!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
actually Palin is not affecting the polls in McCains favor despite the fact that she has energized alot of the republican base. do you research. Bottom line Palin is a distraction from the real issues at hand and thats the economy.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
It has been pointed out many times that John McCain likes to gamble...and his gamble with Sarah Palin serves to point out his lack of good judgement. As the days go on and the hype falls away, and all that is left are the issues, he will regret his gamble as more people see that she is not ready to be president should something happen to McCain. His rash decision doesn't make me feel confident in his ability to lead the country.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:28 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Everyone goes to the Circus at least once. In the end Senator McCain will still be the worst choice for President, the Nation won't elect him, and Governor Palin still won't know what a Vice President does.

One liners don't fix real problems, and the only concise thoughts these two have is POW, Oil and more War to fix the Economy for the $5million middle class.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:33 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
If Sarah Palin were on top of the ticket this wouldnt be an issue but John McCain is on the top of the ticket. Could too much of a good thing for the republicans actually hurt them? yes. The problem is that the more people talk about Sarah Palin and the less they talk about John McCain, it makes John McCain looks less presidential. You dont want your running mate more popular or out shining you. Also there is more focus on the personality and gender of Sarah Palin than the specifics on fixing the economy. The issue for the vast majority of Americans is the economy. Another thing is that most polls show that Sarah Palin actually made many women less likely to vote for her and I'm specifically talking about Hillary Clinton supporters.
too much attention hurt Obama, the press will get over the honey moon in a week and start too look for stories, especially since the GOP wont let her speak. That's why she give the EXACT same speech with the exact same jokes 3 times in a row now. Wait until she gets a debate, I predict its over. Right now however, she cant hurt too bad, McCain was so questionable and boring that I think he needed this. Our side is going to put her away within 3 weeks however.

I saw a video on Youtube of her and her family sitting around a campfire smoking cigaretts, and farting into the campfire. Real classy lady.

To your other point, I think woman like woman who act like woman. That's how my wife explains this. I don't think they like a sarcastic attack dog (some will before I get 20 flames), They don't like a woman who Carries a gun around, shoots moose and wolves from an Helicopter, guts it and field dresses it on the spot. I just don't think most woman are ready for that.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If you haven't noticed, they are talking about Palin, not Obama, too! The more attention you put on her, the less on Obama. Keep it up!
well, I guess it depends on how you look at this. I feel its Obamas to lose. The less they pry into him, picking him apart, the more time they spend on her picing her apart, the better.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:40 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
The more Palin talks and appears in front of the media, the more people will see just how shallow and unqualified for VP Palin really is. Up to this point, the woman keeps rambling on about McCain, but has not addressed any issues or answered any tough questions from the media.

Furthermore, McCains is still shadowing the woman, because they do not trust her to be alone in from of the cameras. She will totally fall apart when she has to answer questions from the press.

On the other hand, Biden, being the experienced, qualified politician is out there addressing the issues, answering tough questions, and showing what a dynamic team both he and Obama truly are.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Most of the attention on Palin is not really on her....if you notice. Much of it is "about" Palin, but is more of an attack on the media rather than news on Palin herself.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:52 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
It seems like the press is really shying away from attacking Palin or even questioning her. Are they scared to appear sexist. i believe so. i watched her talk the other day and this lady can not do public speaking. She had the speech in front of her and paused way to many times to find her place plus she had a hrd time pronouncing the names of many countries. I believe she will do very poorly in the debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections