Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 12:37 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,244,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Now do the meme video of grand futures that didn’t come to light.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...ahngA&usqp=CAU
That wasn't about the future, it was about what was happening right under their noses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 05:10 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,579,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
You don't need knowledge in the system you are trying to displace. I just spent a week at a Crypto conference and met a lot of young people who are light years ahead of the old guard knowledge wise.
These are the young guns who have not seen a bear market.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:20 PM

5,910 posts, read 4,461,916 times
Quote:
You don't need knowledge in the system you are trying to displace. I just spent a week at a Crypto conference and met a lot of young people who are light years ahead of the old guard knowledge wise.
That’s amazing because I’ve sat in on numerous meetings with the big four external auditors and Fortune 500 treasury departments, grappling with how to proceed. It’s extremely complicated and I’ve heard people very articulate on the subject present. I’m glad the kids got it all figured out on Reddit though!!! “just hodl”. Certainly they know more than treasury Vps about cash and capital and hedging currency risk. The old guard and all these old systems can’t possibly hold up.

Maybe these “old guard” can hire these experts? then again, why work when you can just make money (errr sorry…fiat) from buying coins?

Last edited by Thatsright19; 11-20-2021 at 05:39 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
These are the young guns who have not seen a bear market.
Not all, most of my associates have been around since 2013 or before, including myself.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
That’s amazing because I’ve sat in on numerous meetings with the big four external auditors and Fortune 500 treasury departments, grappling with how to proceed. It’s extremely complicated and I’ve heard people very articulate on the subject present. I’m glad the kids got it all figured out on Reddit though!!! “just hodl”. Certainly they know more than treasury Vps about cash and capital and hedging currency risk. The old guard and all these old systems can’t possibly hold up.

Maybe these “old guard” can hire these experts? then again, why work when you can just make money (errr sorry…fiat) from buying coins?
We are hiring young and old. Knowing how the play the current game is a very different skillset. A large part of their game is dismissing innovation.

Old 11-21-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Not all, most of my associates have been around since 2013 or before, including myself.
majority of today young guns have not seen a bear market as they just learn from Robinhood,reddit,they dont do security analysis,they just see the stocks keep going up and converse on Reddit site,

Old 11-21-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
majority of today young guns have not seen a bear market as they just learn from Robinhood,reddit,they dont do security analysis,they just see the stocks keep going up and converse on Reddit site,
Not sure what bear markets have to do with expanding innovation. You are just looking at those who speculate in meme coins and stocks, not those involved in the advancement of the tech.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Not sure what bear markets have to do with expanding innovation. You are just looking at those who speculate in meme coins and stocks, not those involved in the advancement of the tech.
Yes,they are very bright and well informed in subject matters which they are involved ,but Ialso find them to be biased as well.
One must listen to both pros and cons,and not be emotional.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:

On Reddit,they talk about what to invest,some will research on what stock to squeeze the shorts,eg GME.
With Fed keeps printing money,how can you go wrong buying stocks and crypto?

Old 12-06-2021, 05:28 PM

1,212 posts, read 744,419 times
Wow, a Florida court recognizes CW as the person holding Satoshi's 1.1 million Bitcoin and doesn't recognize any claim of right by his business partner.

However, a joint venture with the business partner gets $100 million judgement on another issue !

Well, if CW can pay the $100 million then he must be either Satoshi or a Satoshi hacker.

Oh, the $100 million could just be value that was taken out of the joint venture. But is the $100 million from early days of crypto mining and then growth of crypto holdings ? There are no known Satoshi crypto transfers.

Last edited by T Block; 12-06-2021 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing